Chapter 16~Hajime's Decision.

~Souda's Flashback~

I'm so excited to see Miss Sonia~ I'm gonna try and ask her out to the dance again~ She rejected me last time...but maybe this time I'll get lucky~! After a little while, I find her sitting at a table with the other three members of her music planning group.

I walked up to where Miss Sonia was sitting, "Hello there Miss Sonia~!" I say putting my hands behind my head with a grin. She looks up at me with her beautiful smile, "Hello there Kazuichi~" she says with a slight giggle, sipping her tea.

I blush and rub the back of my neck, "So uh...I have something I want to ask ya~" I say with a slight laugh. Man...why am I so nervous!? I did this last week with no problems...

She sits down her tea, "Actually...I have something I want to ask you...If you don't mind~?" She says as she stands up to face me, which was...surprising...

"O-Oh of course~! Ladies first~" I say with a smile. She giggles a bit, "Thank you~ I actually wanted to ask if you would accompany me to the school dance~" She says with a kind smile.

I looked at her in shock. Am I dreaming?! Did the lovely Miss Sonia just ask ME to the dance~?! "Y-You actually...want to go with me~?! For real~?!" I I ask, feeling super exited. I can't wait to tell Hajime that she actually wants to go with me~

"Yes I do, but I do have one condition...~" she says, getting a bit more serious. A condition? Well whatever it is I'll accept~! I can't pass up an opportunity of a lifetime~

"Alright~ What is this condition Miss Sonia~?" I ask curiously. She gets a little closer and whispers in my ear, "I want you to stay away from Nagito..." she says, stepping away and sitting back down with her tea.

My eyes widen, "W-What?!" I couldn't believe it...why...would she say something like that...? "Stay away...from Nagito...?" I repeat, sounding surprised. She nods her head, "Yes. Once you promise me that you will stay away from him, I will go with you to the dance~" she says with a smile.

I was speechless. The girl I admire...saying for me to stay away from one of my friends...this is...so unlike her. "Miss Sonia...you would never tell someone to do that...your so kind..." I say with a slight laugh. She's...just joking right..?

"Well you shouldn't be around someone so pathetic...he's not worthy enough to have you as his friend..." she says plainly, like she didn't care. Hearing this made me very upset. This...this isn't my Sonia. Is this really the Sonia I fell for...?

I lowered my head, balling up my fists, "So...What's your answer Kazuichi~?" She asks with a sweet smile. After a little bit of silence I took a deep breath and looked up at her, "No."

Sonia looked at me surprised, "No...? You've wanted to go out with me for so long! Why say no now!?" She asks, raising her voice some.

"I'm not gonna abandon Nagito just for you! He's the nicest boy you could ever meet and I would rather be his friend then go out with you! You may be a beautiful princess on the outside, but after hearing what you said about him...that definitely doesn't show on the inside..." I say as I turn around and walk away, leaving her stunned.
———————————————
Hajime's POV:

After hearing Souda's explanation, I couldn't believe it. She would go that far just to make Souda leave Nagito?! This is ridiculous! I look over at Nagito, who looks upset...

"I-I'm sorry Souda...b-because of me y-you won't get to...g-go to the dance w-with your crush..." Nagito says, looking down some. Souda looks up at him and laughs, "Don't be~! I don't want to go out with someone who doesn't accept one of my friends~" he says as he leans across the table and ruffles Nagito's hair, making him laugh.