Chapter three

Ginger was pleased. Her tail was twitching with excitement at the thought of joining this clan.

We are her last hope. Maybe Lilystar will let her in. Riverpaw secretly hoped.

" Ginger," Lilystar began with a gleam in her eyes. Ginger turned her head towards the clan leader with hope filled eyes.

Lilystar's eyes narrowed at the young cat.

" Are you willing to come into this clan with your own warrior name?"

The questioned echoed around the camp as cats glanced at each other, sharing the gossip of the clan; they were talking about Ginger.

Riverpaw's heart stopped.

What would she say? Would she accept a new name, or request she keep her own?

It's been moons since a cat had joined RiverClan.

The Clan That Riverpaw has been named after were just as worked up about this as he was.

Riverpaw dug his claws into the ground.

Thinking about what she's going to say makes my heart race. I hope she makes a decision soon. I don't think anyone in RiverClan can handle the tension.

Ginger gazed at her brown paws thoughtfully.

Her green eyes then made contact with Lilystar's dark amber ones.

She then nodded her head. " I will gladly accept this new name, that is..." began the brown she-cat. She took a deep breath after that for extended drama. "...If you will take me in."

Lilystar purred, lifting a paw in the air.

Her actions confused the clan. Did she know this she-cat before today? Why is she purring? Did she just enjoy making new warriors?

Whatever the reason, she was acting like a Queen who was told she was about to have kits.

" Of course we will take you in!" Lilystar purred.

Does this have something to do with Hotpool? I remember Plumeheart telling me a story involving Hotpool and Lilystar...she was called Lilyfern back then. Riverpaw pondered with reminisce of his time in the nursery.

It hadn't been all too long ago, but it felt like ages since he had been there.

And I miss it terribly.

I guess it's good for the clan that I'm no longer in the nursery now....

Riverpaw had no more time to think.

Lilystar let out another yowl that cut off the gray tom's thoughts.

" Cats of RiverClan!" She yowled, tail twitching in anticipation.

Could it be that she was hoping the clan would be more accepting than she was thinking?

It was obvious she was nervous about letting this cat into the clan.

It hadn't been that long ago since she had gotten nine lives.

Of course only the medicine cat and cats closest to Lilystar knew how many lives she had left, but Riverpaw had his guesses that the recent attacks from WindClan had left her with less than nine of her original lives.

When did laws suddenly become nothing? I would have thought the clans would have stuck to their original rules. Guess...things changed.

Riverpaw paws felt light as Lilystar continued on with the ceremony.