Chapter 2: Birth Of Diablo

Malia's P.O.V.

I typed on the computer as I wrote an entire article of my experience with a horse I recently just helped tame. I liked writing about my experiences with the animals I grew to love. Jay was sleeping on our bed, since he was tired from Tourney practice.

I looked down at the gem that sat on my ring finger. I smiled as I caressed it. Only soon would I finally spend the rest of my life with my true love. It wasn't easy at first, but now, I'm more than ready to become the wife to my thief.

I know his dad would be happy for us. He always told me when Jay and I were little kids, that one day, his son and I would join together. He was like a second father to me as much as Hades was. 

It was then I heard my phone ding and I looked, seeing it was a text from Ben. I opened it and was shocked at what it read.

Beasty Boy: Come to the stables now! Eclipse is in labor

I quickly shut my computer off and grabbed a jacket, since it was pretty chilly outside. I made sure not to wake Jay up and once I was in the hallway, I sped off in a run and got outside. I went to where my motorcycle was and started the engine. I sped off and the anxiety was just rushing through me.

I didn't want to risk something happening to Eclipse. She's practically my baby. It was a good thing I researched and studied more about horses after we decided to stay in Auradon. I'm actually thinking of becoming an equestrian teacher or equine doctor. I'm not sure at the moment, but I definitely see my future with not just Jay, but horses as well. 

Ben and I made an agreement that one day when I have enough money, I will buy the stables and build some property there to turn it into a horse ranch plus a rescue/rehabilitation center for them.

Once I made it to the stables, I heard loud neighs coming from inside as I turned the motorcycle off. I took my helmet off and didn't even worry about putting it in its proper place as I ran inside the stables.

"Hello?!" I called out.

"Malia!" I heard Ben's voice.

I looked and saw Eclipse laying on the straw and she was huffing and panting. I wanted to go comfort her, but I knew I couldn't. All I could do was let her do the work. 

"How long has she been like this?" I asked the head stable hand, Alejandro.

"I don't know. I was filling up the water trough in the pasture and when I came in to feed the horses, she just dropped." he explained.

I felt Ben place a hand on my shoulder before I noticed something small and white coming out of her. She neighed loudly, clearly in pain. "Hold on. I think I see something." I said.

"Anything, Alejandro?" Ben asked.

"It's coming! The foal's feet are out." he replied.

I smiled as I held in a breath, holding onto Ben's arm as my horse neighed loudly. With every second that passed, the foal was coming out slowly and perfectly. 

After what felt like forever, the foal pulled out of Eclipse and I gasped. The foal was a moussy gray with a star on its forehead and a snip on the snout. For a baby, the foal was pretty big.

"It's a boy, Malia." Alejandro said as he took a good look at the foal. Eclipse got up and began getting to her mother duties. She began licking him clean and bonding with him.

"Wow, he's so beautiful." Ben said with a smile. 

I heard the sound of motorcycle and saw Evie and Lonnie there (she began spending more time around here because she began dating Alejandro), getting off. They came into the barn and looked at Eclipse. They gasped and squealed at the sight of the baby horse.

"It's so cute! What's the gender?" the daughter of Mulan asked.

"Boy." I replied with a smile. 

"Aww, I knew it!" Evie said.

The foal began to take his time standing up, with Eclipse standing and watching him. Once he finally did stand up, I couldn't help but squeal.

"I have a feeling he's going to be just like his mother." Alejandro explained.

I chuckled before the foal started nursing from the mare, remembering to update the vet about the birth, since he was unable to make it due to going 8 hours away on business. 

"Let's give them some time alone." I told everyone else.

We all went outside before sitting on a coupe of the hay bales outside the stables (except Evie of course). I looked at all the other horses running in the pasture as well as the riders practicing.

"We have to think of a name." Lonnie said.

"I have a couple of them. What about Jet? Adonis? Zeus? Indigo?" Ben asked.

I shook my head. "They're cool names, but I just don't feel like they're the right one."

"I got one!" Alejandro said as she got up from cuddling his girlfriend. "What about Diablo?"

Evie smiled. "That's a unique name."

"I love it. Then, it's settled."

Welcome to the world, Diablo.