Prologue

I'm going to the moonpool tonight!

Leafpool was sitting in her den, sorting some herbs that she had collected earlier.

"Mouse dung! I forgot to get the catnip, maybe I could look for some tomorrow" Leafpool muttered.

She heard rustling and a familiar voice emerge from the front of the den.

"Leafpool, I've got a thorn in my paw".

Leafpool looked up and saw her sister, Squirrelflight. She trotted over and Squirrelflight lifted her paw, allowing Leafpool to examine it. She removed the thorn and her sister thanked her.

"So, you looking forward to visiting the Moonpool tonight?" Squirrelflight mewed "Maybe because you want to see a special someone?" There was a glint of amusement in her eyes.

Leafpool blushed furiously and looked away. Ever since she had told Squirrelflight about her crush, Squirrelflight had been teasing her at every opportunity she had. Leafpool was surprised that her sister was fine with it. After all she was a medicine cat and couldn't have a mate, let alone someone from a different clan, and a she-cat! Nobody had heard of a she-cat liking another she-cat, or a tom liking another tom.

"Can you stop teasing me Squirrelflight? Why do you care about this so much anyways, it's against the warrior and the medicine cat code." Leafpool muttered

"Leafpool, I'm your sister so I'll support you no matter what. Besides, I think you and Mothwing would be cute together!" Squirrelflight giggled

Just then Jayfeather trotted into the medicine den. He looked at the two she-cats, which Leafpool was surprised at because he was blind.

"What are you two gossiping about now?" Jayfeather meowed with an annoyed tone in his voice.

"We aren't gossiping Jayfeather," Leafpool mewed back, "Squirrelflight just needed me to take a thorn out of her paw, she was just about to leave." She glared at Squirrelflight. "Right?"

"Oh! Umm yes. I was just leaving, eheheh..." Squirrelflight quickly squeezed out of the den.

Later that night...

Leafpool, Jayfeather, and Alderheart quickly trotted towards the Moonpool. When it was in sight Leafpool almost ran there. She quickly stopped in front of Mothwing and greeted her, purring.

"Mothwing!" Leafpool mewed happily, "How's the prey running?"

Mothwing purred. "Great! It's nice seeing you!"

Leafpool notice how close they were and stepped back akwardly. Willowshine, who was standing nearby, let out a mrrow of amusement and shot a teasing glance at Mothwing.

Krestleflight rolled his eyes and promptly walked to the Moonpool, and the others followed him one by one. Mothwing and Leafpool smiled at each other and followed Krestleflight.

Leafpool walked towards the Moonpool and touched her nose to the water. Darkness surrounded her, and soon she woke up in a grassy clearing. Cinderpelt shimmered into view in front of her.

"Cinderpelt!" Leafpool exclaimed happily.

Cinderpelt smiled in return. She then motioned her paw to a small flower in the center of the clearing. It had five purple petals, but when Leafpool touched it, she felt a twinge of pain, as if she had gotten a thorn in her paw.

She glanced over at Cinderpelt, who looked at the flower ominously and said:

"The road of your Heart's Desire will lead to a deadly nightshade mire, but if you should fear, remember: hope is always near"

Writing is hard ;^;