It takes two

Jackson's POV:

I suddenly woke up to that I have fallen off my bed, what sadly wasn't a rare thing with me. I moved around too much in my sleep, especially if I ate too much before going to bed, what caused all those horrible nightmares. At these times I would usually climb back or walk slowly to the kitchen. However this time I hit my leg so hard, that I wasn't capable of any of the two. All I managed to do was craw till the door, then shout for my friend.

"Mark, please, come here! "

"Leave me alone! I want to sleep!" He screamed back with a sleepy voice.

"But I hit my leg badly, I can't stand on it."

"You fell off again?"

"Yes. So please! I will treat you to dinner or something!" I begged, while also feeling guilty, because he stayed up till late studying, as he had to handle in an essay till midnight for university.

"Sometimes I hate that you are my best friend." Mark rushed out of his room. "Why do you have to be so unlucky?" He stepped next to me.

"Birth defect." I showed him my innocent looking smile.

"Uh. Come on than, hold onto me!" He grabbed me from behind, and I was already standing in the next moment and we hobbled together to my bed. "Where does it hurt?"

"My left ankle, here. I fell on this one."

"But what did you dream about?" He frowned his forehead.

"Well, I might have been a karate kid in my dream, who was just being attacked." I remembered back.

"I'm living together with a twenty-one year old little kid, perfect!"

"You have always known I was one!" I sad back in my defense.

"That's why I didn't want to get together with you in the first place."

"As if this didn't imply to me too."

Mark and I got to know each other on a gay dating site. I already felt some sparks between us on our first date, but I figured it out pretty fast that I could only see the boy as a friend. He was a handsome guy, but not really my type in looks and somehow I just didn't feel any physical attraction towards him, but in the meantime I didn't want to lose him, as I knew I simply wouldn't find a friend like him.

I will never forget how anxious I was on my way to our third date, when I had told him directly: I only wanted to be his friend. But thank god, he prepared with saying something similar to me. Not so long after as two good friends who just started university, we decided to move in together. Our living together was pretty flawless, especially as we happened to barely meet sometimes, because of our very different schedules. Mark was majoring in architect, while I was on a PE teacher course. Although we were learning about two disparate things, we still understood each other so well.

"Put these on!" He threw out clothes from my wardrobe. "I'm going to change too and after that I will take you to the hospital to get a proper check-up."

"I'm sorry for being a burden for you." My mood went down, as I remembered how he wanted to spend this day resting.

"Don't be such a drama queen! We will get over it in no time and will binge watch movies in the afternoon or something like that."

"Alright." And as he asked, I put on the clothes he chose.

"We have been sitting here for 30 minutes now." I noted it impatiently. "And I haven't seen much movement so far. "

"You imagined that we will come here and get called in instantly?"

"Well yeah, kind of."

"Typical." He shook his head and in the next moment his phone started to ring.