Saathiya

Kartik's Pov

She dozed off, the second after being reminded that her mendek is only hers and no one else's, due to heavy medication or might be a sleep of relief after years. I never wanted to leave her for a second but thankfully Naksh and Singhanias arrived by then. Until they looked after her I went out to check on my son and bid my family bye as now that Naira is fine they can return back. Rather all of them had already left when I reached out. There were only Maa and chachi on the seats with kairav in their lap. With alot of assurances that me, Kairav and Naira would be fine Maa finally agreed to go home with a promise that she would be back to check on Naira.

I laid Kairav on the sofa in Naira's room who was still asleep just like his mom as if he too got to know a relieving news and went into a deep slumber. I broke the news of the forced illegal marriage to Naksh too to avoid further problems for me and Naira. Ofcourse he was happy and relieved and so keeping faith in me went back after some time.

Now there was no one, just me and my cute small family in that room. I sat down on the space that Naira unconsciously created for me, kept her hand in mine and played with my thoughts in silence. Our cute bundle of joy, our baby who we struggled alot to have in our lives was in front of me sleeping like an angel. There were still times when those few beautiful moments when I held our baby Kaira flashed through my mind. Our angel was a fighter and her baby brother is one too. After all Sherni ke bachay hain! Agar mendak ke tarah thora dar jaatay tou sherni kee tarah lartay bhee aur jeet bhee jaatay.

Sherni, sherni, sherni!
There is nothing more beautiful and precious that my life has ever given me. If it would not have been for her I would have given up long back. Five years without her! Can you imagine. No, I can't either but I did, I had to live suffocating myself with every breathe. It was entirely because of me that I almost lost her. But that is nothing what's in front of me.
MY EVERYTHING! MY NAIRA!

I laid straight on one of my side facing her. Everything seemed to be smothering down and there was finally some kind of peace forming out. I breathed again. My heart started beating again. There laid my sherni in front of me with her lips carving into a beautiful smile in her sleep too.

I could stay lost in her any time, any where, any day. There would be no life for me without her. Some may call it madness but I rephrase it to 'madly in love with my one and only Sherni'.

Naira's Pov

I woke up to his face right in front of mine, the face I yearned to have one glance of in these five years. He was there, he was really there! His large beautiful dark brown eyes were locked with mine for seconds, for minutes. We waited for it, for so so long. I remember the day when I saw him after five long years for the first time. That was the time when that spark was missing in his eyes. But today, today they were bright, strong and beautiful than ever before. I was locked in that moment when his lips curled into a smile. So perfect. So mine. And once again I was drawn into this man. His beauty. His love and him. I smiled back at him.

It was something that I could never understand. The more love I gave him, the more I had blooming inside me.

We both were smiling looking at each other and then blowing his warm breath over my face, he tucked a strand of my hair behind my ear and caressed my face with his knuckles. Oh God, this man makes me feel so loved and the most luckiest girl on this planet. I know he knows that his every loving gesture means the world to me.

'Kairav? Kairav kahan hai.'
That's when I spoke breaking our intense moment because it would have actually turned out into a passionate kiss and something more than that. It was nervousness, hesitation or something else but still there was something that needed to be solved.