I

Eventually, everything will be better.

.

.

.

Eight years later

.

2026

.

.

.

C H O I M I R A E

.

.

.

.

.

She took her glasses off, hands rubbing her temple.

Come on, she thought; five more minutes.

It was past midnight. Three empty mugs of coffee surrounded her multiple notebooks and documents, one of which had started to being used as her pencil case (since the real one had been already thrown across the living room to shoo Bopul from the cushion she was trying to eat).

Her leg bounced anxiously under the table as she pressed the tip of the mechanical pencil against her lip, eyebrows furrowed. Her eyes went through every line of the house complex she was designing.

Everything had to be perfect. She had been given the chance to prove herself in front of all the other colleagues with several years of expertise, and although her project was most likely not going to be selected for further planning and designing, she wanted to give an A-quality scheme.

Although she had already went through it back and front for the last three nights.

The door slid open as a yawn escaped from her mouth, and she turned just in time to see her boyfriend roll back his eyes.

"Let me explain-" she tried to speak, but he raised his hand.

"Save it. It's already perfect, honey," he said, taking off his jacket and pulling off his shoes. "Trust me, I have a good eye for these stuff."

Before she could argue, her boyfriend took her hands off the paper and gently pulled her off the desk, all while making sure to execute his infallible weapon: neck kisses.

"Colin, stop!" she laughed, squirming in his arms. "There's an irregularity by the flower-side of the front part of the complex, and the pool looks weird-"

He cut her words with his lips on top of hers. "Shut it, babe. It's been three nights of you making sure your project is perfect."

"I know, but-"

"And all you've been doing is erasing and drawing the same three lines!"

"That's not true! I've re-designed the entire playground area, and-"

"That's not the point!" he shook his head, brushing his warm hands onto his girlfriend's cheeks. "You've already done everything that needed to be done, honey. You need to rest now."

She wanted to argue back, she wanted to tell him that there needed to be done some work around the way the houses had been arranged since there was barely any space for the common room (however she had already fixed that problem by reducing the size of the adult's pool by 2.4 cm on the sides). She wanted to focus on any single mistake and use it as an excuse to keep on staring at the project for several more hours, but deep down she knew Colin was right. Perhaps the lack of sleep had started to affect the way she perceived things.