It was just a quick errand

Percy's POV

Squeezing my body out of the thin crevice that is the entrance to Tartarus, I throw myself onto the hard ground. I lay heaving on my back with my eyes closed. After a minute, I finally crack my eyes open, only to slap my hands back over them.

"Holy Hera, it gets me every time!" I shake my head. Why is Upper Earth so friggin bright?

Sighing, I stand up as my eye slowly adjusts to the light.

Ugh, why do I always have to be the one that goes on these stupid little errands?

My dad ordered me to go kill some dude by the name of Timmy. I don't know why, because he wouldn't tell me, but orders are orders.

My stomach growls as I make my way downtown, walking fast.

I furrow my eyebrows. Maybe I'll just stop at a restaurant to eat real quick. It won't take me long and then I'll be right back to the mission at hand. Yeah, good idea. I'm so smart.

I haven't been to Upper Earth for a little while, but I know exactly where my favorite restaurant is.

We don't have them near home, so I better eat there as many times as I can while I'm up here.

I yank open the door to the building that reads "McDanolpz" in huge yellow letters on the front. My mouth is already watering as walk up to the counter to order.

As I'm walking away with my bag of delicious burgers, I take notice of a man walking out of the exit door.

He looks like...

No way.

Could it be, that my astounding intelligence brought me to exactly where I need to be? At exactly the right time?

Yes.

It's my target.

Timmy Stank.

At least, that's what it said on the fancy smanchy paper my dad gave me.
And I've been told that I frequently misread and write things correctly.
But whatever.

Time to die Timmy Stank