Chapter 15

TW Panic Attack

Virgil's POV

I was in my room three hours later when Remy's words sunk in. Remy can see Thomas. I am a witch. There are dead people out to kill me. I'm a fucking witch. I'M A MOTHER FUCKING WITCH.

And that's how I found myself on the floor in the corner of my room having a panic attack. I tried to take in a breath, but air wouldn't enter my lungs.

Oh my god I can't breathe fuck fuck fuck fuck BREATHE!!! I kept trying to force air into my lungs but I wasn't getting any. Tears began cascading down my face as this added to my panic.

I felt the air shift around me, and then three voices called out in unison.

"VIRGIL!" My brain helpfully supplied me with the names Thomas, Talyn and Joan.

"Both of you back up!" Talyn's voice commanded. I sensed someone kneeling next to me, and turned my head to see Talyn at my side. "Can I touch you, Virgil?" I nodded, black spots beginning to cloud my vision. Talyn placed their hand on my shoulder, the cold chill grounding me some, but I still couldn't take a breath. "Ok Virge, I need you to breathe out for me," Talyn instructed. I looked at them like they were crazy. I need to breath in, not out! "Just trust me, Virge." I nodded, exhaling.

"Ok, now breathe in for four seconds." I tried to breathe in, and this time it worked. I drew in a desperate gasp of air, but only managed to breathe in for two seconds before I had to exhale. "Ok, good job. Let's try again. In for four." Talyn continued to coach me through the breathing exercises.

20 minutes later, I was able to make it through the entire exercise. I did a few more rounds, and was starting to feel calmer. "Ok, tell me 5 things you can feel."

"Your hand, m-my hoodie, th-the w-wall, the fl-floor, my jeans." Talyn nodded encouragingly.

"Ok, how bout four things you can see."
I looked around the room. "You, my van-vanity, the bed, the pride f-flag."

"Good job, Virge. You're doing great. Give me three things you can hear."

"Your voi-voice, my breathing, car engines."

"Great, we're almost there. Two things you smell."

"Dinner, a candle."

"Ok last thing. One thing you can taste."

"The air?" Talyn huffed out a laugh.

"Are you feeling better?" I nodded, moving a sleeve-covered hand to wipe the tears off my face.

"Thanks, Talyn." Talyn gave me a hug, which I eagerly returned.

"Anytime, Virgil."

I uncurled from the ball I was in, walking over and collapsing into my bed. My breath hitched every now and then from the crying, but I was a lot calmer than before.

"Why did exhaling work when I couldn't breathe?" I asked, curious.

"Your lungs were full. You already had air in them, so you couldn't breathe in. You needed to exhale to make room for new air," Talyn explained. Huh.

"Hey guys, can me and Virge get some alone time?" Thomas asked. Talyn and Joan nodded.

"I think me and Talyn need some private time too. Wink wink," Joan stage whispered, actually saying the words "wink wink." Talyn slapped Joan's arm, but they just laughed and disappeared. Talyn shot Thomas and me an apologetic look and disappeared too.

"Did you need to talk to me about something, Thomas?" I queried.

He shook his head. "I just know that having too many people around can get overwhelming for you sometimes, so I thought it would be good to ask them to leave. I would've left too, but I kinda live here so..." I giggled. God I love this man.

"You know you're like a big brother to me, right?" I asked him. Thomas's eyes widened in surprise before he grinned so brightly I almost had to cover my eyes.

Thomas tackle hugged me, making me glad I was on the bed. "You're like a little brother to me," he confessed. I laughed and hugged him back, the exhaustion from the day catching up to me.

"Love you, Thomas," I murmured into his chest. Thomas tightened his arms around me slightly.

"I love you too, Virgil." He ruffled my hair, laughing at my half-hearted hiss. I allowed my eyes to close, falling asleep in the arms of my brother.

_____________________________

Sorry this was kinda short, I just kinda felt bad for leaving the chapters on cliff hangers all the time, and this was a cute spot to end it.