Ch. 9

Rex's POV:

"RIIIIIIING! RIIIIIIING! RIIIIIIING!"

"Hnnng...." I blinked my eyes, too tired to comprehend what was going on. "Oh yeah, I set an alarm..." I dismissed the alarm, sitting up on the couch.

"Mornin', Sleepy head."

I jerked my head around, staring Jeremy in the eyes. "Holy hell, Jeremy! When did you come out here?" He chuckled, resting his head in his hand (paw??).

"I came out here the moment I heard you saying you'd let me loose. I don't think I told you that I eavesdrop on your conversations." He put out his hand (paw??) to help me up.

"Well...I wasn't joking. Do you think your okay to leave?"

"Ready as I'll ever be. The only fresh air I inhaled was the small air holes in place of the windows. This is practically a dream come true, except it's better."

I smiled, and opened the door. Oh yeah. It was the middle of July, so it was BURNING.

"Well. This is new." He stepped outside, looking around at the scenery.

We walked along the sidewalk, chatting and stopping occasionally. I remembered that there was going to be a small camping event today, and I was invited. I conveniently had two tickets, and I asked Jeremy if he wanted to go.

"Sure. I might as well go to a social event."

~Timeskip to the event~

~10:30 PM...~

We were sitting around the non-lit campfire, and I noticed that Jeremy was talking to others. 'I guess he made a few friends already. This was a great idea...' I thought to myself, smiling.

After a while, a few people came with sticks and lighters, as well as fire starter (idfk what it's called :'D). They got the fire started, and used the fire stuff to make it really tall and big.

That's when I heard screams and cries of terror.

To be continued...