19.

NICK P.O.V.: that night it was like the past ones but worse cause she, Demi, chose Never Really Over to sing as her cover. I looked at the floor while we changed our clothes rushing.

Kevin: I can't believe she sings that way

Joe: man, she's just...I don't think there's anyone more talented than her on the industry

Nick: can we go already?

Kevin: what the hell Nick? Chill

Nick: we have to go, it's time (I walked out of the dressing room and waited backstage until Demi walked out of the stage looking at Joe with a big smile)

Demi: how was it?

Joe: amazing my friend (she nodded)

Demi: thanks, good luck

Joe: thank you buddy (she walked beside me and I smelled her scent slightly. It killed me)

We walked into the stage and I couldn't remember the chords or some of the lyrics cause Demi's face and scent was in my head every ten seconds. It was a bless when the show finished. I walked backstage and Kevin talked to me.

Kevin: what happened? You weren't enjoying it

Nick: nothing (I left them alone there as I walked into my dressing room)

After taking a quick shower I had to sit next to Demi again on the trip back to the hotel. All I could do was feel her presence and it was making me shake. I didn't know why was that happening but when the door opened I ran to my room and grabbed two or three bottles of alcohol and a box of cigarettes. It was my "pain killer" set.

JOE P.O.V.: when we arrived to the hotel and I was watching a movie with Sophie, someone knocked on our door.

Sophie: are you waiting for someone?

Joe: nope, you?

Sophie: no...I'll go

Joe: okay, thanks (she walked to the door and opened)

Sophie: Nick...hi

Nick: i-is Joe h-here? (Just when I heard him I knew what was happening)

Sophie: Joe, Nick's-

Joe: close the door

Sophie: what?

Joe: close the door, I'll go (she closed the door and I walked to where she was)

Sophie: what happened?

Joe: Nick's drunk

Sophie: he is?

Joe: yes, I knew this would happen eventually. I'm gonna take him to his room, wait here for me...I'll be back

Sophie: okay, I love you

Joe: I love you (I kissed her forehead and opened the door to see a so drunk version of my brother)

Nick: Joe, I need to talk to you

Joe: yea, I bet (I walked him into his room and made him sat in his bed) and? Can you tell me why are you doing this?

Nick: doing what?

Joe: what's going on in your mind Nick? You aren't like this...please stop, we don't want to loose you, okay?

Nick: I'm sorry, I can't help it...alcohol and cigarettes are the only thing that eases the pain

Joe: which pain?

Nick: the pain of seeing her face every day and not being able to have her like I did once