The Assignment

"Attention, class."
Mr. Aizawa stood up in front of the class, a bunch of files in hand.
Been awhile since we've seen something like that, I thought to myself, my eyes drifting to the wall. I hadn't particularly taken any interest in school activities. Sure, I wanted to become a hero- no- I needed to become a hero, but the sight of endless paperwork bored me. I wanted to be out there fighting, saving lives, I-

"Miss. Uraraka. Have you got something to share with the class?"
The whole class turned to look at me.

"No, sir."
I sighed. Mr. Aizawa had better planned something time-worthy and fun, or I might as well drop out.

"As I was saying, since you are all third years, Principal Nezu and I decided to give each of you a case file. Each one contains known information about a villain you have been given to study and capture."
I perked my head up. A villain case file? It sounds interesting, but then again...

"Oi, Aizawa! Isn't this shitty work made for those damn useless policemen?!"
Katsuki stood up to continue arguing his point, but sat down with an angry sigh when Mr. Aizawa looked him dead in the eye.

I inched my head to the left to gain a better view of Mr. Aizawa. Iida was too tall for mankind.

"Some of you will be paired up if the villain assigned to you is extremely dangerous, or if you've not expanded your quirk enough."
Mr. Aizawa explained as he walked around the room, handing out a case file to each student. While he was doing so,  I glanced over to the table behind Katsuki. Surely someone would've taken it by now, but no. The seat had remain empty ever since I made it into UA.

"Ochaco Uraraka."
The case file given to me was labeled "Deku" in messy, scrawled letters. I flashed a thank you smile at Mr. Aizawa and politely took the file.

"Look, BakuBro! We're sharing a villain! How manly is that?! And, it's that big boss villain, Shigaraki!"

"Cap it,  Shitty Hair!!"
I giggled at the sight of the pair's odd relationship.

"Hey, Ochaco. Who'd you get for your case?"
A familiar froggy voice rang through my ears.

"Hey, Tsu~ I haven't opened mine yet,  but it says 'Deku' on the front. See?"

"Never heard of him."

"Who did you get?"
I grinned at the strange frog-girl. Tsu kept quiet. Uh oh...
She picked up her case file, and showed it to me:
Toga Himiko

I racked my brain,  trying to figure out what was so bad about Toga Himiko. Then it came to me. Toga was the crazy girl who cut Tsu's tongue. Surely the teachers knew this... but why give her to Tsu? To face her fears?

"Everyone!  Please take your seats and listen to Mr. Aizawa! He has been patiently waiting for you all to be silent!"
Iida waving his arms everywhere made it harder to see.

"You all have until the end of the year to capture these villains and take them into custody. You will be given one session per week to work on these, and the rest will be done in your
spare time as homework. On my desk, there are trackers and a button. Since this activity will require you to leave the school premises, the buttons will alert us pros if you're in danger, and the trackers will tell us where you are. Do not lose sight of either of these.

Dismissed."