Chapter Thirty-Six

"Let all cats old enough to catch their own prey, gather beneath the Sun Hill for a Clan meeting!" Boomed Sheepstar's voice throughout the camp.

Cliffheart rose to his paws and padded towards the sound of his leader's voice, strong and prideful. He already knew what the white and gray furred tom was going to announce. Today, WindClan would gain four new apprentices.

Once every cat was gathered, Sheepstar went on. "We have four kits that have reached their sixth moon and are ready to become apprentices." The tom looked over at Hollykit, Sprucekit, Perchkit, and Brookkit. "Come forward, you four."

Hollykit, the most energetic of her other three siblings, bounded forward eagerly. Cliffheart suppressed a purr of amusement, as did his Clanmates.

"Hollykit, from this moment on until you have earned your warrior name, you will be known as Hollypaw." Sheepstar meowed and looked around, searching for the right cat to become her mentor. "Heatherspark, you have been a warrior for many moons and you are ready for your first apprentice."

The black tabby she-cat looked excited and nervous but padded towards her new apprentice nonetheless. When they touched noses, Cliffheart saw Sprucekit looking expectantly at him.

"Sprucekit, from this moment on until you have earned your warrior name, you will be known as Sprucepaw." Sheepstar paused and rested his gaze on Cliffheart. "Cliffheart, you trained under Cherrygaze and have proved yourself worthy to have an apprentice."

Cliffheart dipped his head to the leader and strode proudly towards Sprucepaw. The larger tom loomed over his much smaller apprentice and had to bend over to touch noses with the young tom.

Eventually, Sheepstar moved on and gave Perchpaw and Brookpaw their names. Brookpaw was given Yellowcry as her mentor and Perchpaw was given Daisytooth as hers.

"Hollypaw! Sprucepaw! Perchpaw! Brookpaw!" The Clan chanted.

"There is one more ceremony I must perform," Sheepstar meowed, making his Clan quiet below him. "Robinpaw, come forward."

Cliffheart looked at the leader in shock and joy. My daughter is getting her warrior name! Suddenly, grief crashed into him at the memory of Mothkit, who hadn't got to become an apprentice.

"Robinpaw, do you promise to uphold the Warrior Code and defend your Clan, even at the cost of your life?" Questioned the tom, his eyes fixed on Robinpaw.

Cliffheart's daughter straightened and raised her head, her eyes sparkling. She looks so much like Pouncepad. "I do, Sheepstar." Robinpaw meowed confidently.

"Then by the powers of StarClan, I give you your warrior name. Robinpaw, from this moment on you will be known as Robincatcher." Sheepstar announced, his eyes shining. "StarClan honors you for your tenacity and bravery and we welcome you as a full warrior of WindClan."

"Robincatcher! Robincatcher! Robincatcher!"

Cliffheart smiled widely as the Clan dismembered and his eyes rested on his kits, who were watching in the nursery. That will be you one day. He thought as he began to pad towards the camp entrance with Sprucepaw on his heels.