11. A break from reality

This chapter is dedicated to @solangelo_fan153
Please go check out their Solangelo fanfic, it's really good!

Percy Jackson POV
At first, I couldn't move. However many times he called out my name, I only continued to stare forward until Nico sighed softly and hung up.
I could've saved her. I could've been there.
That tingle... it meant something. And I ignored it.
I screamed, frustrated and upset, throwing my phone onto the damned floor. That tiny tantrum just lead to me groaning and picking up my phone, looking out for any cracks or scratches. Frustrated, I dropped to my knees tilting my head back expecting to see the cream ceiling but instead meeting icy grey eyes staring back.
"..Annabeth?"
"Nope, it's Peter. But that chick did call last night."
"..Called last night?" I spun around and grabbed his shoulders, "What happened!?"
He merely shrugged, "Nothin much.."
"Nothing much? Nothing much?! She fucking killed herself last night! You and I are gonna talk right now cause if you had anything to do with her death, you will be so sorry." I resisted grabbing for Riptide, resorting to half choking him instead.
"Harder." He whispered.
I strained my ears, "What did you say?"
But his lips were already turning blue, I shrieked as I realized how hard of a hold I had on him and let go. He dropped to the ground, coughing roughly and making odd noises as he gasped for air.
"What the hell, man? You could've killed me!"
"Tell me what happened last night!"
"Jeez, she just heard us having a good time that's it."

A good time...?
Wait...

"She heard us having... a good time?"
"Yeah, man. Did you seriously forget? Was I that bad?"

I tuned him out, my breaths slowly becoming shallow as I realized what could have been the cause of her suicide. Stepping backward, I stumbled and barely sat down on the edge of the bed.
No. No way.
Please don't let that be it.
Of course, that's the reason.
Anyway, she's dead now.

Let's go take down Will.

Then we'll have Nico all to ourself.

And shouldn't you be upset about the fact you lost your virginity? Butt virginity? To a total stranger? Way to wait till 'true love', told you its not real.

Hah.

"Perce? Hey?"
Hearing that nickname didn't make anything better.
Seaweed Brain would be better. Hehe.
"Ow! What the fuck, man!"
I shook out of my daze to see Peter raise a hand to cover his eye, groaning as he staggered back. Leaving the room as fast as possible, grabbing my things on the way out and slamming the door after me I headed on till camp. I needed a break from reality.
In my cabin is where I'll find my break.

Nico di Angelo POV

"You don't understand, Will." 
I was leaning against Will's chest atop the Hades cabin roof, following the dancing green flames that stood along the sides - a silly decor really.
"Hey, it's not your fault."
"I could've saved her."
He ran his fingers through my hair, his nails gently massaging my scalp as I looked up at him.
"Baby, I understand how you feel. If I could, I would've saved every single camper that ever ended up injured but I don't have that kind of power and sometimes, even if you don't want to, you have to accept that. I learned the hard way because I was stubborn but I'm here for you, many of us are, to help you move on. People die, life goes on - you would know that best."
I sighed, tilting my head back and reaching up to peck Will's soft pink lips, "You're right. I just... so much has happened lately its been hard to keep up."
"Yeah... I know."

I smirked and looked over at the pancakes we'd brought up for breakfast, "You know, those don't really look as yummy as they did 5 mins ago."
"What do you mean, Nico? They're still warm and smell divin- mmf."
Seconds after tugging his blond locks, our lips collided and fell into sync.
"But, Nico, the pancakes!"
"Just shut up and kiss me, sunny boy."

Soon reality faded away... until we fell off the roof, ending up with painful hips and shoulders sporting bruises that were too big to pass as hickeys.

Percy Jackson POV
I watched the blood seep through the torn skin as I pulled it out, red pouring out and splashing onto the tiled bathroom floor. Goodbye, I'll take my break now.

In Love But Not With Me (Percico) [Hanahaki AU]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें