THE BIG UNEASY

Rose's Outfit

Rose's Outfit

~~~~~

In come cases, people believe that change can be a good thing. For Rose Hathaway, it was. It had been her fresh start, a second change at a new life. But the only way to make that new life was to put the past behind you, not fight it, not believe that it would come back to bite you in the ass. Making a fresh start is proving that you can get better after you've fallen. Rose did fall but at least she picked herself up and had the courage to make a new start.

Rose walked towards the entrance of the Abattoir, cringing and wincing at the sounds of loud clanging, which told Rose that there was construction work going on inside the Abattoir, that could even be heard from outside. 

Pursing her lips in confusion, Rose hurried towards the Abattoir as quickly as she could while pregnant. The brunette wrinkled her nose at the smell of sweat and sawdust upon entering the Abattoir and froze, looking at the construction workers milling around the courtyard. 

Some of them nodded to her in greeting, while others just ignored her, as they walked pass, however none of them actually paused in their assigned tasks as she walked passed and Rose realised that they might have either been compelled or they're just to focused on getting the task done. Rose really hoped that it was the former and not the latter.

"What the actual fuck?"Rose muttered as she narrowly avoided the workers.

"You know, I'm actually beginning to think that you do need a spanking to the backside if you continue swearing as much as you do."Elijah, standing right behind Rose, whispered in her ear and Rose gasped and whirled around and she raised an eyebrow at what he was wearing before remembering that Elijah had scared her.

"Bloody hell, Elijah!"Rose exclaimed, glaring."Are you either A, trying to give me a heart attack, or B, trying to make me lose the baby."Rose growled out. 

Elijah looked at her, smiling apologetically at her and she huffed. Before either of them could say anything, Klaus came to stand on the second floor balcony with Genevieve behind him. A small snarl of displeasure escaped Rose's mouth as she caught sight of the redhead.

"Enough with all the racket!"

"Is there a problem, Brother?"Elijah asked, turning to look up at Klaus along with Rose."Gentlemen, please."

"I agreed to a general sprucing up, not a bloody three-ring circus."Klaus said as he walked down the stairs with Genevieve right on his heels.

"Marcel and his minions abused our Home for the better part of a Century."Elijah glanced around, hiding his disgust behind his unreadable mask."Now, you might be content to live in squalor. I'm not."Elijah stated and glanced down at Rose."And I will not have my child living in one either."

"I thought you two would go and live in Rose's apartment and raise the child there, considering the fact that you're never around."Klaus retorted.

"The only reason we're not around here as much as you'd like us to be, Klaus, is because you have that Witch-Bitch of a whore staying here."Rose said, sneering at Genevieve, who in turn smiled tightly."I don't feel safe with her around and Elijah doesn't want hear you two go at it.... like dogs in heat."