Chapter 10

I walked downstairs and heard the TV going, but I wasn't sure what was on. Logan was still sitting in the same spot as he was this morning. His eyes traveled over me and I couldn't read the emotion in them. 

       I knew that everyone else was either at school or work, except for us of course, because we were suspended. I stretched, reaching my arms high above my head and standing on my tip toes. I was a little stiff because I woke up in the same position that I fell asleep in. 

       "Are you hungry," I asked him, walking towards the fridge. "Yes," he gritted out. What's his problem now? "What do you want," I asked.

       "Nothing in the fridge." I closed the refrigerator door and opened a cabinet. "Want some oatmeal or something then," I asked him. 

       "No thank you. I'm fine." I looked at him with an arched brow and rested my hands on my hips. "You just said you were hungry. So what do you want?" He stared at me for a second before shaking his head.

       "I'm good. Go ahead and eat," he said. I was about to say something further but instead I kept my mouth closed. He was confusing me but I let it go. I grabbed some Eggo waffles and popped them in the toaster. After a few moments of uncomfortable silence, I felt super awkward. We had fought last night, but he also kissed me. He made me want him and I couldn't let that happen again. 

        I ate my waffles quickly and then went back upstairs. I took a shower and then changed into a sapphire blue stretchy tube top, which matched my eyes, a pair of high waisted, dark washed skinny  jeans, and I slipped into a pair black of ballet flats after pulling on a black leather jacket. I brushed through my hair and for the first time since high school, I put on mascara and winged eyeliner to make my eyes pop even more. 

       Gage said that he would be here at 1:30 to pick me up for our "lunch date" that I had agreed to this morning. I stood in front of the full length mirror and examined myself. I looked and felt good. I shrugged off the jacket, deciding that I didn't need it right now since it was hot then adjusted my strapless bra. I smiled to myself and slapped on some light pink, bubble gum flavored lip gloss. My phone buzzed and I picked it up.

Gage: I'm waiting for you outside, hot stuff

       I laughed and told him I was coming before I pounded downstairs. Logan was now in the living room and he looked up when I was walking through. Before I could open the door, he was there, blocking the way. He was seriously getting on my nerves.

       "Where are you going dressed like that?" 

       I rolled my eyes. What is he, my father? "I've got a date. He's waiting for me outside, so if you don't mind…" He pulled his gaze away from my cleavage (God, what a pervert) and his icy blue eyes met mine. His jaw flexed and his eyes darkened.

       "A date?"

       "Yes, a date. You should try it sometime. Maybe then you would loosen up some," I recommended. His eyes narrowed and I tried to push past him, but he wasn't having it.

       "Who's the 'date?'" 

       I rolled my eyes again. What is with him? "Gage. Now do you mind moving?" 

       "Yes, I mind. I mind very much. Go back upstairs." My eyes were bulging out of my head.

       "You can't tell me what to do! Who do you think you are? Just because you're my alpha doesn't mean you start acting like my father, or some jealous boyfriend. Like I established last night, you don't own me so get out of the way."

       His slight trembling turned into violent shaking. Before I could comprehend what was happening, I heard the sound of ripping fabric. His giant lycan stood towering over me and I backed up a couple paces. 

       "Go upstairs. Now." I almost did what he asked. I took another step back but stopped myself. I tilted my chin up and looked him in the eye, ignoring the power of Alpha dominance that he was throwing my way. I had never been able to do that before with Alpha Cody. 

       "No. I'm leaving out of that door and I'm going to enjoy my time with Gage." He growled and stepped closer to me. The Alpha power was radiating from him and usually I would have backed down the first time he said ordered me upstairs, but something has changed. I could feel it. 

        When he saw that I wasn't going to budge, he growled and lunged for me. I stepped away but his big paw wrapped around my neck again, just like the first time. He squeezed so hard at first, I thought he would actually snap my neck but he let go just as quickly as he had grabbed me. 

       He shifted back into human form and his eyes were wide. I was slumped, coughing and choking on the floor. He rushed over to me and sat beside me, his eyes panicked. 

        "Shyanne? I am so sorry. I lost control, I didn't mean to. Are you okay." I took a bunch of deep breaths trying to calm down. He grabbed my hand and squeezed it. "Shyanne please forgive me." I looked at him, my eyes were watering. He sounded so damn regretful that I would have felt bad. 

       "It's okay. I get it." He let out a breath of relief but I could still see a war raging in his eyes. I stood up but he never let go of my hand. I tried to walk away but he pulled me back against him. I looked everywhere but at him. He grabbed my chin gently between his fingers and turned me to face him. 

        "Please tell me that you forgive me." His voice so broken and I knew that either he really was sorry, or he was a damn good actor. He pressed his forehead against mine. "Please," he choked out. I was lost in his scent and the way his eyes held mine made me feel weak at the knees. 

        "I forgive you," I whispered. With that said, he pressed his soft lips against mine, as if he had been resisting the whole time. I wasn't mad because I had forgiven him so easily, I wasn't mad because I had let him do that to me, or because I wasn't outside with Gage by now. I was mad at myself because I was kissing him back. I was giving in. I was doing the one thing I told myself I wouldn't do. 

       I started to pull away at first, but he trapped me in his hold, pulling me impossibly closer. The front door opened and I pushed harder against him, snapping my eyes open. He didn't seem to notice through. I pushed against him even harder but he wouldn't move. 

        "Alpha Logan? Get off of her, you see she's trying to get away from you," came Gage's tightly controlled voice. Logan opened his eyes and gently pulled away from me. His eyebrows were scrunched together and his lips were parted as if he wanted to say something.

        I pulled completely away from him and grabbed Gage's hand then sped out the door, leaving him behind. We walked down the long driveway to his car. 

        "What just happened in there? Annie?" He called my name when I didn't stop walking. "Can we not talk about it? I'm still pissed." Gage nodded in understanding and opened my door. 

       He pulled out a lopsided smile for me. "By the way, you look beautiful, hot stuff." I laughed and climbed in the car. He shut the door for me and ran to his side.

        He sat down and immediately grabbed my hand and looked at me. "Are you okay at least?" I nodded once and he gave me a small smile before turning the key over in the ignition and riding off. "Where are we off to, lunch date?" 

        He chuckled and answered with "Olive Garden." I grinned.