Hope

*Flashback*
I couldn't believe my eyes. Callie and I were standing there in shock. Then the power went off.

"What's going on? Are we going to die?" Callie panicked. I stood there staring into space.

"This can't be real!" Callie yelled. I snapped out of it when Renly started barking. I looked back towards the door. Something was banging on the door. Callie started hyperventilating as I walked towards the door. I snapped my fingers at Renly to get him to stop barking.

"Hello?" I asked walking slowly one step at a time towards the door. The banging got more aggressive. I got over to the door and looked into the view hole on the door. There was a human, blood all over its mouth and teeth, teeth snapping. I jumped back breathing heavily.

"Callie we have to get out of here." I said. I quickly got to my room and grabbed stuff I need. Extra clothes, hair brush, tooth brush, toiletries, Renly's food, collars. I stuffed it all in my bag and flung it over my shoulder.

I put Renly on a leash and gave him a treat. I ran into the kitchen and grabbed a kitchen knife. Nothing fancy but at least it's sharp. Callie came out of her room with all her stuff. She got a pillow case and stuffed canned foods in it along with water bottles. The banging stopped and we heard screams.

Someone running down the hall of the apartment building. Once it got silence we decided to see if we could leave. I turned the door handle slowly and opened the door. I flinched as I saw the thing banging on our door eating someone. I stepped out of the apartment leading Renly with one hand and carrying a knife in my other. Callie followed behind. We reached the stairs quietly.

Once we got down three flights of stairs we opened the exit door. We walked out and I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Total chaos.

*Flashback over*

~Ricks POV~

I offered to go with Shane and Otis but Hershel says I should stay because I'm giving Angela a little blood at a time. She saved Carl, that's the least I could do even though we have the same blood type. Dr Jenner told me.

Shane and Otis left to get the supplies we needed to save her. "The group they need to know. And my wife..... she doesn't know Carl almost got shot."

"Where's your wife." Maggie asked behind me. I turned around and gave her directions on where they were at.

"Five miles south from the highway."

"I'll go find them. I'll make sure they get here."

"Thank you." I replied.

~Daryl's POV~

After an hour of Lori being paranoid we were just about to go back to the highway. "We only have thirty minutes of daylight left, let's go." I said. Right after we started walking towards the highway there was a walker. I was just about to shoot it with my crossbow then a girl on a horse ran up and killed it with her bat. I pointed my crossbow at her.

"Ricks group? Is this Rick Grimes group?" She said.

"Yes it is. Is something wrong!?" Lori replies while panicking.

"There's been an accident. Angela has been shot. We are trying to save her. When you are ready to see her there's a farm, mail box with the name Greene." She gave Glenn a map with directions to the farm.

"Hey! We can't just trust her." I said throwing my arms in the air. The girl turned her horse around and ran back the way she came from.

~Shane's POV~

Otis and I had a silent ride to the school. I couldn't get Angela off my mind. I needed to do what I could to save her. We got out of the truck and walked low around from car to car. There was walkers everywhere.

I slowly opened a police car trying so hard not to make any noise. I looked in the car and found flares. Otis followed my lead and threw the lit flares. The walkers started moving towards the flares as they made noise. Otis and I quickly moved to the building we needed to go in.

We grabbed anything that could be useful. Otis grabbed stuff and put it in his bag too. I heard moans behind us and walkers were everywhere. They kept coming, I shoved walkers out of my way. Otis was behind me. We ran into a gym. Otis and I got separated. I went out a window and jumped out.

I heard a crack and instant pain go to my ankle as I jumped down. I got up and tried to walk. I could put weight on it but not very much. I grabbed my bag and put it over my shoulders. I looked back and walkers were coming. But I didn't see Odis. Then the door opened and Odis came running out.

He caught up to me and we both started shooting walkers. I then ran out of ammunition. "Shit!" I yelled. I was limping, trying to run. Then the world went black. I felt pain. I looked back and shot Odis's leg with my last bullet. I grabbed his bag and continued walking. I heard screams behind me, but I kept going.

I got to the truck and started driving back to the farm.

~Rick's POV~

Shane and Otis have been out for an hour and a half. I am still giving little blood at a time. Hopefully she will be okay once they get back. I was holding her unconscious body's hand.

"I'm sorry this happened to you. Shane will be back with stuff to save you." I whispered. I put my head up to look at her. Her skin was pale, her hair brown hair tangled. She slowly opened her eyes.

"Angela?" I asked softly.

"Hershel!" I called.

Hershel came into the room. "C-c-Carl is he oka-" she didn't finish her sentence then started seizing. I got up

"Do something!" I said while panicking.

"There's nothing I can do, just wait it out." Hershel explained. Once she stopped seizing Hershel started to check her blood pressure.

"Her pressure is dropping." He said. He started to check her heart.

"Her pulse is dropping. We can't wait anymore. Patricia get the table!" He yelled

I helped lift her up on the table. Hershel got ready to remove the bullet fragments from her side. He got his tweezers and right when he was going to start we heard a truck pull in. It was Shane. We all walked out to see them.

But it was just Shane, "Odis?" Hershel asked Shane. Shane shook his head slightly.

"No one tell Patricia until this is over. I need her help." Hershel explained. He grabbed the bags from Shane and got into the room to continue his procedure.

After an hour the rest of our group came. Tdog got stitched up. And now everyone was waiting for Angela.

After another hour Hershel came out. "It was successful, all she needs is hope."

(Edited)