Chapter 6: Our Time In Our Town. (Fluff)

Glancing at the clock, Elyse noticed it was nearing 12:30. She grabbed her phone as it started ringing.

"Hello Spencer." She answered excitedly.

"Good afternoon, beautiful" Spencer replied, already excited just by hearing her voice. "How'd you sleep?"

"Very relaxed, and you?" Elyse asked, after remembering about his insomnia.

"Not too badly, thank you. You excited to see the movie?" His emotion unable to be contained.

"More than you know! It's the 1940 William Holden and Martha Scott version, right?"

"The very one!" Spencer could hear the absolute thrill in her voice and it made his heart leap a little. Proud that he came up with a date idea that pleased her so much.

"Oh God how I love this movie!" Elyse wiggled on her couch both because she couldn't wait to see the movie and because she couldn't wait to see Spencer.

"Why don't I come by in about an hour and pick you up? Is that enough time?"

"Sounds wonderful! I'll see you then. Bye Spencer."

When they hung up Elyse texted him her address and went to her bathroom, and sat at her vanity to do her hair and makeup. She curled her hair into big beachy waves, applied foundation, powder, eyeshadow, liner, mascara, blush and lipstick. After taking a second look in the mirror she was satisfied with her appearance. The makeup was complete, but subtle and her hair looked shiny, bouncy, wavy and soft.

Moving into her bedroom she put on her dress, shoes, a small silver bracelet and matching necklace. Just as she was spraying perfume on her neck, wrists and back of her knees there was a knock at her door.

Elyse gave herself a quick once over in her full-length mirror and rushed to the door. After unlocking and opening the door, the vision appeared.

Spencer stood on the other side of the door frame. He wore a grey button-down shirt, black slacks, a matching black tie and sneakers. Those damn sneakers. He stood with his right hand behind his back, a grin on his soft, pink, lips.

Elyse smiled from ear to ear as she took him in with her eyes. She leaned against her open door, her left arm over her head against the door, body leaning slightly with her right hip popped, her right hand on her hip, against the soft fabric of her dress.

"Spencer! Come in, please..." She extended her right arm into her apartment as she shifted her weight allowing him access inside.

Spencer walked in, his arm still behind his back.

"You....look....amazing." He declared, breathlessly, as he scanned her from head to toe. The hem of her dress, a few inches above mid thigh, her hair flowing over her shoulders and down her back, and those shoes making her legs more sensual looking than any pair of legs he'd ever seen. As he passed her at the doorway, and into her place, a scent of vanilla and light floral notes invaded his nostrils. He inhaled deeply, immediately locking that scent into his memory. Her perfume matched her so well. Sweet. Provocative. Femanine.

Spencer stopped right near Elyse and pulled his arm from behind him producing a gorgeous bouquet of blush pink peonies.

"I brought these for you....." Spencer took one more step closer to her, again breathing in her perfume.

"Oh my gosh, Spencer! They're beautiful! Thank you." Elyse brought the bouquet to her nose and inhaled.

Closing her eyes for a moment she gently raised her doe-like lashes and peered into his dusky eyes. He was a mere heartbeat away from her. Her lips curled into a smile as, for just a moment, she remembered the previous night's conversation with Spencer.