Inventor Bot

I was looking around for a voice box for my friend, Diesel and sighed softly. It's hard to find parts anymore for outmodes like us without Bigwell. I smiled bright when I found one and held it out to him. "Hey, Diesel, I found you a voice box." I said as he took it and stuck it in. He suddenly started speaking Spanish excitedly as there was a sudden crowd cheering from his voice box. "Goal! Goal! Goal! Goal...!" He shouted, running in circles as I stopped him and made the voice box fly out. "Uh, here's another one." Lug said as he handed Diesel another. Diesel started barking at a high-pitched noise. Crank was always being his cranky self as he looked for some parts.

Lug dug in the trash and pulled out a waist piece of a previous robot. "Oh, I can never find parts in my size." He said sadly as I patted his back then suddenly heard Fender's scream as Diesel barked. "What is it, boy?" I said playfully with a smile and caught Fender's head in our spare parts basket. "He, Fender, have you lost weight?" I joked, looking in it and smiled. "Lost weight? Look at, will you look at... He's a head in a basket. We're doomed. I knew it. We're doomed." Crank said as I rolled my e/c eyes at him while Lug picked up Fender's head. 

"Yeah, will you shut up, you neurotic nut? Why, I'd-I'd smack you if I had a hand." Fender said as metallic clanking was hear. "Wow, speak of the devil, here I come." He said as I looked up in time to see his body land hard on the ground next to us. "Ow! Daddy!" He screamed in pain. 'That was a weird thing to shout' I thought and giggled softly. "Whoa, check this out!" Piper said, coming out of the dumpster with a thingamabob in her hand and handed it to me as I looked at it. "Who would throw away such a cute little doodad?" I asked as I moved some spoons out of it's face as it squeak and hid more. "Aw, don't be scared." I said softly with a sweet smile. 

"Hey, that's mine!" We hear someone say and looked to see a nice baby blue robot came walking over. "That's him. That's the guy. I would know that, I know that face, and I know that foot!" Fender said as his body was pointing the wrong way. "Psst! He's over there, moron." He said as his body turned around while the blue robot stopped in front of us. "That's the perpetrator. He knocked my head off! You want another piece of me?" Fender asked as everyone got in defense mode besides me. "All right, buster, if you think you can mess with my big brother, you're....you're kind of cute." Piper said as she stood in front of him. "Piper, would you behave yourself?" I asked, walking over with a smile. 

"Yeah. Now, come on, let's get Fender fixed...again." Crank groaned as Piper smiled and walked over to help Lug try and put Fender's head back on his body. "Sorry about her. She can be a bit optimistic. Um so that's Piper, that's Diesel, and Lug. That's Crank and you've already met Fender I see." I said with a soft giggle as he chuckled. I looked up to see that Piper wasn't kidding. He is pretty cute. He had baby blue and white for his robot colors and his eyes sparkled like sapphires. I shook my head and looked at his thingamabob. 

"Uh, here's your thingamabob. He is pretty cute. I made something similar back at home." I said as he looked at me in shock and wonder. "Come on, Y/n!" Piper said as I looked at them. "We've told you a hundred times, girls..." Fender trailed off as he did his little hand puppet with a Spanish accent. "Don't talk to strange men." He said as we started heading to Jack Hammer's Repair Shop. "Thank you, Manuel." Fender said as I smiled and crossed my arms. "We talk to you. Who's stranger than that?" I asked as Piper fist bumped me while we walked into the shop and told Jack everything. "I got good news, and I got bad news." Jack said as he turned to us. 

"What's the bad news?" Fender asked nervously. "I checked the stock book. As of today, they're no longer making parts for your model. You have been officially outmoded." Jack said as he put his pencil behind his ear. "Outmoded? Well, that's fine. What's the good news?!" Fender asked, slamming his hands on the counter angrily. "Well, when we had your, they were on sale!" Jack said and started laughing. Fender started laughing then crying while Lug tried comforting him. "How could this happen to me? I'm practically a kid." Fender said mournfully. 

"Geez, pull yourself together. All you need is an upgrade." Jack said and turned to show a model as I crossed my arms and rolled my eyes as the others gawked at it. "Mm, that new upgrade smell." Lug said as he held Fender's head towards it. "Just came in, fully loaded. Look. It's got cup holder, standard." Jack said as he touched it and cup holders came out. "Does it come in plus sizes?" Lug asked, setting Fender's head on the counter. 'Come on guys.' I thought with an eye roll. "Sure. Take a look at the new Bigweld spring collection." Jack said and gestured to it as Fender picked up his head. 

"I can't afford that fancy stuff. All I need is one stinking neck joint. Oh, why did this happen to me?" Fender asked as he kept hitting his head against the counter when the cute inventor dude walked in. "Oh, oh, ah, ah. Ah! I'm hurting me! Idiot." Fender told his body as I giggled softly. "Sorry, pal, it's either upgrade or the Chop Shop for you." Jack said as I uncrossed my arms and looked at Jack like he was nuts. "The Chop Shop? I'm fine, I'm fine. Look, no hands. Whoops. Hey, hey, hup-hup-hup, ho, up, and, uh, ta-da. I'm back. Miss me?" Fender asked as he kept trying to put his head back on and just held it there.

"No one's going to the Chop Shop!" I said, standing in the group now, failing to notice that the inventor bot watching. "That's right. What do you think we can get for him? Now that's I've been thinking-" "Well you stop?!" I asked Crank and grabbed Jack by his collar. "Listen, shiny pants, you get back there and find a part for my friend. We are not junk, we are not scrap, and we will not be treated this way." I said, letting go and crossed my arms as Diesel did a sassy move. "I'm sorry. I don't have the parts." Jack said with the inventor bot stood next to me. 

"Well, do you have two washers, an S-spring and some fast weld? I can fix you, easy." He said as I looked at Fender with a smile. "The Force is strong with this one." Diesel said in a Dark Vader voice as I giggled softly, catching the inventor's attention. We walked out to a set of apartments as I handed the inventor the items needed to fix Fender. I leaned against the railing and watched him carefully. I've loved seeing new inventor's. It's not everyday I get to anymore since Bigweld isn't in office. "When was the last time you got oiled?" He asked as Fender began to hold his hand in front of Piper.

"Oh, I can't really answer that with my kid sister right here." He mumbled as Piper pushed his hand away. "Can it, Fender." She said as I giggled softly, catching the inventor's attention again before he continued on Fender's neck. "Hold still. Th-This may tickle." He said and turned Fender's head up-right and continued working as I remembered something. "We haven't been properly introduced. I'm Y/n. Sometimes go by N/n. You can call me whatever you'd like." I said and smiled as he smiled back at me. "Copperbottom. Rodney Copperbottom." He said as I nodded. "Riddle me this, why did I meet you among the garbage?" Fender asked in an accent.

"Well, today, I tried to get in to see Bigweld." He said as the others chuckled. "Well, if you find him, tell him we really need him to come back. He cared about bots like us." I said softly and looked down sadly. "Well, what I heard is that they done him in, and they left the rest of us to fall apart." Crank said as I sighed softly. "Well, that ought to do it." Rodney said, changing the subject as he finished Fender's neck and leaned against the railing. "Look at that. And he fixed my ne-e-e-e-e-ck. Sweeper!" Fender said and pointed to it as I felt my motor heat up in fear. "Sweeper?" Rodney asked, confused as he looked were Fender pointed. 

"Make yourself scarce!" Fender said as he and the gang ran. I grabbed Rodney's hand and ran with the gang as we hid behind a building, peeking out. "What's the big deal?" He asked as I let go of his hand. "Well, if you're an outmode, like Fender..." Piper trailed off. "Hey!" Fender said, taking offense. "They sweep you up and take you to the Chop Shop." Crank said as I felt Diesel rub my back gently. "Where they melt you down and turn you into something else." I said softly as the gain looked at me. "You mean...?" Rodney asked as I looked at him and nodded. "Yep." I said softly and looked at the Sweep. 

I was once caught by them and taken to the Chop Shop, but thankfully made it out of there in one piece except with a few scratches. "Sweepers." Fender muttered and walked out as I reached out my hand, but drew it back. "Well! Here's one outmode you're not going to get! Nah-nah-nah-nah-nah-nah-nah-nah-nah!" Fender taunted the Sweeper when his butt came apart. "Whoops." He said in embarrassment as the Sweeper began to back up with beeping noise. "Fender, run!" Piper said as Fender picked up his butt and ran as we all began running from the Sweeper.