domestic darry (headcanons)

EDIT: i wrote so much, i had so much pent up darry love.)

-for as stressed out darry gets about work, he never wants to bring that home to you. as soon as he walks through the door, he tries his best to be all yours.

-he does a really good job too, although you always tell him that his problems are your problems too. darry just wants you to be happy.

-he always helps you with school work. sometimes you think darry really wants you to do well in school because he couldn't go.

-the two of you have study dates. on the couch, he's reading you your flash cards and he has the most adorable reading glasses on!! and your head is in his lap, and he mindlessly tangle his fingers in your hair as he quizzes you.

-you know he doesn't have a lot of money, but everytime you pass any test, he'll get you a little something, or take you out somewhere nice.

-you and darry ALWAYS do the dishes!! darry will complain about soda and ponyboy needing to help out more, but he really enjoys the time the two of you spend together in the kitchen as the sun sets.

-GIVING DARRY BACK MASSAGES!! he works so hard everyday, and to him, nothing feels better than your hands on his back, relaxing him, as you ask him about his day.

-while you rub his back, sitting on the edge of his bed, he'll get all sleepy, and close his eyes, a low moan leaving his lips as he leans into your touch. he really is putty in your hands.

- he knows you loveeeee it when's his hair is messed up and wavy, natural with no grease, so every once in a while, he'll wear it special for you like that. you think his hair is the softest thing in the world, and he wouldn't tell you, but he ADORES when you play with it.

- sometimes, on the mornings of nights you sleep over, you'll lie in bed, teasing him about his bed head. he'll yawn and scowl, wanting to get up and grease it.

-but you'll pull him back down and tell him that you love the slight curl to it in the morning. you think it makes him look soft. he blushes at that.

-truth is, just being with you, and seeing you go through school, is enough for darry to get up and work every morning.

-you're always there for him, and for his brothers, and he's never going anywhere.