Chapter 7

"Pay attention kids, think about what you would do." All Might said once the battle between Team A and Team D started.

As she watched the battle progress, Emiri saw that Bakugo and Midoriya had some tensions between them— and not the good kind of tensions. Bakugo had left Iida in the room with the weapon and went straight for Deku, ignoring Uraraka completely— which ended up being the downfall of his team.

As he was distracted with Midoriya, Uraraka had gotten to the weapon room and after a distraction from Midoriya blowing a hole in the floor and Uraraka using a pillar to send floating rocks towards Iida, the hero team successfully captured the weapon.

After the match, everyone went to a nearby room, the people from the two teams meeting up with them— well, everyone except for Midoriya who had gone to the nurses office to get his broke arm healed. According to All Might they were going to go over the battle.

"Well, despite the results, the MVP of this exercise is young Iida." All Might said, getting the attention of the distracted class.

Iida looked at him in shock.

"But shouldn't it be someone from the hero team, since they were the ones who won the match?" A boy with spiked red hair—Kirishima—asked.

"Valid question. Why didn't I choose one of those two? Who has a guess?" He raised his hand in the air, indicating that whoever wanted to answer his question should do so as well.

Emiri slowly raised her hand, making eye contact with All Might and watching him give her a small nod.

"Iida was able t-to adapt to the role of a villain, though he was not without fault. He was tense during the exercise and if he had been more relaxed it would of worked to his benefit." Emiri started. "Bakugo let his emotions cloud his mind and acted on a... a personal grudge that he holds against Midoriya and ended up a sending a large attack at Midoriya, which— if the weapon had been real— could of endangered more people if this had been a real villain attack. Midoriya's plan wasn't the best course of action either, he could of brought the building down or injured any hostages that could of been in the room." She looked up at All Might, finding slight amusement in the disappointed expression on his face. It looked like he wanted to be the one to explain his choice, she kept her expression neutral and finished up her explanation—she was on a roll and wasn't stopping until she finished her analysis of the battle, "Uraraka ended up letting her guard down once seeing Iida act as a villain and her final move was risky, even if she knew that the weapon was a fake she should of treated it like it was real."

The class looked at Emiri, slightly shocked at everything she said. Even though they had known her for only two days they had barely herd more than a sentence come out of her mouth, much less speak without stuttering slightly. The only person in the room who wasn't surprised was Iida, who was aware of Emiri's tendency to ramble after an analysis.

Looking around Emiri saw the expressions and placed her hand on the back of her neck, "Sorry, I'm really into analyzing battles and quirks." She said.

"Don't be sorry for something like that." All Might said, "It gives you an advantage if you're able to analyze that quickly in the midst of battle. The faster a hero thinks of a plan the more of an advantage they have. You have a good eye Young Koyama."

"Thank you, sir."

All Might nodded and looked over the class, "Now then, time to blow this joint. Let's move over to the next match. You guys should think about everything you saw and discussed when you tackle this training for yourselves."

"Yes sir!"

***

Emiri's match ended up being the last one. Her and Koda were drawn to be the villain team while the team the were up against, Team E which consisted of Ashido and Aoyama, were the hero team.

The two of them had come up with a plan— or well, Emiri told Koda a plan she had and he nodded along to it. Emiri was going to go after the hero team and try to capture them before they could get to the weapon. Koda would be using his quirk to have birds find and spy on the hero team and give Emiri updates so she would know where the other team was in the building.

"The Hero Team may enter!" All Might announced and Emiri glanced at Koda, giving him a not just before she walked out of the weapons room.

She navigated through the building, Koda's voice coming through her earpiece every so often as she walked.

"Close." Koda said softly.

"Woohoo!" Someone shouted, and Emiri peeked around the corner, seeing Mina sliding across the floor, Aoyama walking behind her holding his cape that held a few burn holes in it.

"This will be a piece of cake." Emiri said to herself, a small smile making it's way to her mouth. Slowly, her arm turned into a pole, with her free hand she reached up and pressed a button on her earpiece, "Heroes have been spotted." Just as Mina was about to turn the corner, Emiri stuck the pole out, tripping the pinkette.

"Woah-!" She said, falling and spreading out on the ground in front of Emiri.

"Mademoiselle?" Aoyama asked, looking down.

Emiri took their moment of distraction and jumped out from around the corner, making a B-line towards Mina, until Aoyama sent a beam of sparkling blue light in her direction. Raising her arm to protect herself, it quickly took the form of a shield. The beam was deflected from the shield and hit a nearby wall. Turning her forearm back, wincing as her arm stung, a red mark appearing approximately where the beam had hit the shield. She ignored the burning feeling on her arm and kept moving towards Mina, who was in the process of getting up from the ground.

"Remember, the villains win if they are able to secure the weapon by the time the match is over, or if they capture them." All Might's voice rang out in Emiri's head as she grabbed the white tape and dove towards Mina, wrapping her hands around the pinkette's ankle just as she had stood up.

"Wha- Aw man!" Mina exclaimed once she saw the tape around her ankle. "Aoyama, it's up to you!"

"You can count on me! My fabulous self will not let you down!" He was about to make a move to propelle himself away from the scene when he let out a little squeak, staring at Emiri with frightened eyes.

The smaller girl was looking towards Aoyama, her blue eyes seeming to glow in the dim lights in the hallway. The innocent appearance she normally had was gone and it was almost as if he were staring into the eyes of a true villain. In the breif moment where he paused, Emiri ran up to him and wrapped the second piece of tape she had around his wrist. And as fast as it had come, the dark expression on her face disappeared and she gave him a wide smile, a small blush tinting her cheeks.

"Looks like I win this r-round!" She walked up to Aoyama and outstretched her hand, "Sorry if I scared you just t-then. I'm told that I sometimes look intimidating when I'm focused on a fight. Hope we can still be friends!"

Aoyama glanced at her, now sparkling, "Of course, Mademoiselle! Having a friendship with you would be magnifique!"

Emiri beamed, "Thanks! I look forwards to getting to know you, oh, you as well Miss Ashido!"

Mina looked at her with a grin and gave her a thumbs up. "You bet!"

With that, the three of them headed to the observation room, Koda having thanked the birds for their help spying and following behind the group.

Looking around at the small group of people, Emiri felt proud. It was only the second day but Emiri's social status had grown.