No Turning Back.

• Посвящена Phil Lester

His soulless eyes stare into mine, his dark hair slightly falling over them. Blood runs down his face onto his mud stained shirt. He snarls like the animal he is. Tears sting my eyes as I remember all of the great moments we had shared before he was like this. I barely hold them back, but I know I must. 

I mustn’t let him see any weakness, mustn’t let him see how much it hurts to know we will never be together like we once were. He cracks his neck and smirks at me. “So, sweetie, you gonna stab me with that thing or what?” He jerks his head towards my stake.

I realise now that I have been holding it in the same position for about 5 minutes. I lower my arm a little.

“I’m just waiting for the perfect moment,” I reply weakly.

“Oh come on Alleah, me and you both know you don’t have the heart to do this. You love me too much!” Pain shoots through me as he says my name. I raise my stake again, trying to be threatening. He doesn’t fall for it. He can see the pain in my eyes. “That’s the worst thing about having a soul; pain. You should’ve joined us while you could.”

“And what, become a monster like you? No thanks Phil, not for me!” I snap.

My mind jumps to the first time he said he loved me, the first time he held me in his arms. I feel a tear run down my cheek but ignore it. I can’t let him get to me, not tonight! He must die, the world depends on it. I run at him and attempt to kick him in the stomach. He blocks it and punches me in the face. Blood gushes from my nose and into my mouth. Before I could spit any out, he hits me again.

I jump up off the ground. I slightly groan in pain as I touch my nose to check if it is broken. It seems fine. “There’s no way to win this fight Alleah, just give up!” He smirks again, this time the evil in him shines through. His eyes begin to glow red and it hits me that this isn’t the same Phil I used to know. No, this thing right here is a monster.

I throw myself at him and we both fall to the ground. I tighten my grip on my stake, making sure not to let it loose. We struggle for a while punching and kicking each other. My whole body throbs and aches, but I can’t give up now, not while I’m so close to winning!

I finally have him pinned down. His eyes stop glowing and turn back to their natural, beautiful blue and he hides his fangs. He almost looks like the Phil I fell in love with, the sweet innocent Phil who would never harm another human being. I stare at his perfect mouth. There is a small cut on his bottom lip. I almost feel a little sympathy for him, until I remember how many people he has killed. Rage runs through me again and I raise my stake just above his heart.

“Alleah, please don’t do this. We can be happy together, just please don’t kill me!” His words are still stained with an English accent just as they were when he was human. A tear rolls down his face. I try to ignore it; I know it is all fake. He can’t feel emotional pain. “Think of all the great times we had together. All the times we laughed. All the times we kissed. We can go back to that, I promise!” More tears sting my eyes but this time I can’t hold them back. 

“I’m sorry Phil.” I lower my hands and the stake goes straight through him. I pull it out and stand up. His scream rips through my ears. “So sorry,” I cry. A white light flashes from the hole that the stake made. The light spreads throughout his whole body and just like that, he’s gone. Nothing but dust. 

I sit where he was just lying, slightly rocking back and forth. I rip the crucifix he gave me from my neck and stare at it. Tears are now uncontrollably spilling from my eyes. I killed him. I…killed…him. How did I do this to him? He pleaded for his life! Why would I do that? I stand up and aimlessly kick the grass. “I loved him!” I yell. My voice echoes through the cemetery. “I loved him,” I whisper it this time, making sure no one but myself can hear it.