A Salty Beginning

The rush of salty ocean water swallows you up, taking out your air as you fall back into the waves. You was crying-internally, wanting to scream through the waves, but your tears blended in with the water. You was swarming your arms, trying to swim back up, but the force was heavier than hail. You was able to make it, but everything was calm when you rose back up.
Where's Shane?

...........

"Hey Shane!" You emerged from the corner, sagging in your usual "lazy" clothes-a t-shirt, jeans, & socks.
"Hey!" He lets out a small giggle as he looks at you.
"Stop," you say with a smile, "you don't have to point out my style!"
"Well, I couldn't help it," he went over to the fridge to grab yet another Diet Coke.
"So...what will you be doing today?" You sat down at the table in the kitchen. He seemed to stop slurping away at his Coke-everything fell silent for a second.
"I...have something calm and relaxing to do..it's..going to the beach!"
"Sounds great! Definitely what I need to even step foot out of the house," you laugh to yourself as you look down. You could sense the feeling of Shane looking at you, but when you raised your head, he quickly turned his head towards the stove.
"Yeah...I was thinking that we could leave around 11, if that's okay?" He had a perplexed look, waiting for an answer.
"Oh yeah, that's a perfect time," You nod your head as you get up from your chair.
"Where are you going?"
"To get my bag together!" You pop your head from the corner to answer back, then disappear to walk to your room. The house was so much quieter without the gang there throughout the week. As you reach your room, you lean on the back of the door, shutting it slowly. You look up at the ceiling, seeing shapes take place all over-just like you seen as a kid. You'd always look at the ceiling and seen shapes-just like clouds. I hope that Shane and I have a good time alone, being able to take time with each other...
It was hard to be in a relationship as an adult-however, being with Shane made it seem easier than it was told to you. He was a chill, funny, & sweet guy that you wanted to always be friends with. As your thoughts faded away, you went to your dresser & packed your things to go.

............

You all had reached your resort spot on the beach, and unpacked. After settling down, You both sat at the beach & enjoyed the scene. Time had passed, & you wanted to get near the ocean.
You got up & walked slowly towards the ocean, no hesitation.
"What are you doing?" He caught up to you as you reached the shore.
"I-I wanted to get near the water," you replied as you looked over the horizon. It took a few minutes to realize what the sky was changing colors for. Shane looked up to see the clouds turn grey & dull. He could hear thunderstorms in the distance.
"Uh...Y/n?" He tapped on your shoulder.
"Oh-yeah, it looks bad. We should go back," you walked back to the cabin, but still along the shore. You liked feeling the waves splash against your legs.
Somehow, a big wave formed near the shore and crashed onto them.
"AH!" Shane cried.
"We need to go," you rushed by him, grabbing him by the hand & trying to get him to hurry. You both were running, but another huge wave crashed over Shane, sending him into the water completely.
"Shane!" You cried, seeing him try to get back up. He tried, but kept getting pulled back in.
"Y/N!!!!" Shane tried to yell through a gurgle of salt water, taking him under.
"SHANE!!" You couldn't control yourself, the adrenaline rushed lightening speed as you jumped into the waters. You tried to open your eyes-of course, your eyes started burning from the salt water, but you had to embrace it. You seen Shane struggling with the waves, trying to reach surface, but failing. You tried pushing him up-one, two, three-a random burst of waves separated you two apart, sending him towards the surface, but you down in the darkness.

....

"GASP!!" He finally reached the surface, his lungs taking in gallons of air from being underwater for what seemed like minutes. He looked around to see crashing waves-but no sign of you.
"Y/n?" He frantically swished around, looked 180 degrees.
"Y/n? Y/N!!!!" He yelled, and started crying, tears streaming down his face. His eyes got filled with water & his vision was blurry. I can't find her! I can't find her! Oh god, Oh god, OH GOD, what if she's dead?!? Don't tell me that she's dead! He only had one choice. He dived into the ocean once more and swam to find her.

.....

The rush of salty ocean water swallows you up, taking out your air as you fall back into the waves. You was crying-internally, wanting to scream through the waves, but your tears blended in with the water. You was swarming your arms, trying to swim back up, but the force was heavier than hail. You was able to make it, but everything was calm when you rose back up.
Where's Shane?
He's nowhere to be found.
"SHANE!!!" You cry, tears roll down your face also, floating in the deep waters with no hope of him being alive.
You feel a mighty push of waves beneath you as you tumble into the water again.
It was hard to fight back-you could see the sun starting to pop through the waves and reflect as you fell in. It was actually...beautiful, seeing the waves reflect from the sun. You try and recover, only to see someone sinking. Was anyone else here today?
It hit you.
Shane.
He had tried to search for you, but couldn't fight the waves. He was almost unconscious.

....

He was looking everywhere for you. He couldn't see you anywhere. He swam for minutes, searching left & right, up & down. Y/N! Please, be alive... A gigantic wave splashed him as he tumbled under even more, but he couldn't fight it-it almost felt like a current. His circulation was being cut off, & his arms were flailing for air. I'll make it! I'll make it...
He tried one last time, but made a mistake-taking in water. He was suffocating from the salty water, which made him need oxygen even more, & made him limp.

....

"SHANE!" You shouted through the waves, and you swam to him instantly, taking a close look at him. He was going unconscious. Not a good sign at all. You tried to lift him up in the water with all your might, and was finally able to swim & bring him up to the surface once more. A big breath of air filled you, as you helped Shane onto shore. Once you were both on dry land, you lay him down.
You check his heartbeat.
Barely moving.
The same goes to his breathing.
You tried to do everything you could to get him to even gargle up some water for him to be able to functionally breathe again.
No luck.
Tears were on your cheeks again, only this time, they felt like acid. They stinged your red-hot face, leaving you looking hopeless. You ran your hands through your hair, stressed out.
"Shane! I know you're alive. SHANE! Shane, answer me, please...S-Shane!"
You lean your head against his chest, crying into his chest, hugging him for what would seem to be the last time. You started ugly-crying, yelling out to the sky in anger for a minute. You looked at his resting face-he looked peaceful.
"Shane...I love you, please... don't leave me, not like this!" You realized what you had said, & cried even more. You loved him, & needed him back. All you could do was sit there on the beach & cry into his chest, holding onto him.
...
You heard a huge gasp as you felt Shane start to shutter. He opened his eyes wide open, realizing that he was on the beach.
"SHANE!" You hugged him even more, almost breaking his spinal cord. He seemed perplexed, but accepted the hug.
"W-why am I here?"
"You...went unconscious. I tried to help, I dragged you out of the water, but you didn't wake up. I almost lost hope completely.." you looked up at him as he suddenly remembered what had all happened. He looked down at you and started crying.
"I'm glad you're okay," he smiled halfway through tears as he stood up slowly.
"I'm glad you are too," You keep hugging him. You both start walking, trying to find your way back to the spot that you all were on the beach beforehand.
"...i-I love you," you stutter randomly.
"Huh?!?" He looks down at you, with a shocked look on his face.
"...That whole scenario made me realize how lost I would be without you. F*ck, I was even crying into your chest the whole time, crying out..I do love you."
His face went from blushed to flustered immediately as he spread a goofy smile on his face.
"You mean that?"
"Yep," You looked up at him, as he covered his face with his hands, blushing.
"I-I can't...you know what?" He gave you a quick kiss on the lips, making you almost fall back.
"...s-stop!" You said, blushing too. You both looked at each other & laughed, holding on to each other. You finally had reached the spot that you all had resided for the day, & relaxed again. He looked back at you one last time, kissed your forehead, and you all went on to do other things.