Part Fourteen

[ A/N: I'm finally back, sorry for the long wait. I want to say thank you for 5 thousand reads, that's really amazing. A reminder for this chapter: Grayson has the ability to make people see visions/ can control what people see. This was mentioned in the last book, just so you remember. ]

Part Fourteen

Y/n's POV
8:32 pm

The crystal waves crashed against the mossy rocks, the sand sticking to my clothes. I squinted at the harsh beaming sun that was framed in the sky. This was the place I'd want to spend the rest of my life in, but with a quick blink, the beach was gone.

"Show me again" I sighed, "please".

I felt the vibrations of Gray's chuckle on my back as I laid in between his legs. His arms were wrapped around my waist. "Maybe later" he grinned. Our fingers were intertwined, him thumb caressing the back of my hand. "I think it's time we go back" he continued. I glanced back up to the sky, which had now become dark since we had gotten here.

"I suppose you're right" standing up from the forest ground, I offered my hand out for him to take it. His hand clasped mine and he stood up beside me wearing a smile. With a kiss on my forehead, we started to walk back to the house hand in hand. A comforting silence rested in the air, only the sound of the leaves crunching underneath our feet. I was the first to break it.

"What are we going to do about this?" I pondered. Grayson looked at me with an eyebrow raised and pulled me to stop walking.

"What do you mean, Y/n?" he asked. I hesitated before answering him. "With our situation, I mean. We can't just act like nothing happened".

Grayson slowly nodded, tugging our hands again to stroll through the trees. "I know that. But I trust Raye and I think you should try to trust her too. She's been through a rough time because of us. She even helped you when you were close to dying so we kind of owe it to her".

I decided not to respond, afraid I'd say something that I would regret later. But it was strange how easily he took a liking to this stranger. Especially after she murdered the closest person in his life to him, aside from me.

"Don't worry about it. I'll always protect you".

I looked up to find his hazel orbs staring deep into mine. Almost like time had stopped for a second, I captured every detail on his face. The light stubble decorating his jaw and chin, the speckles of green in his eyes, even the small dimples that rested on his cheeks as he grinned down at me.

"What?" he whispered, "what's the matter?".

I clutched his hand in both of mine and smiled.

"I just really, really love you".

Somehow the smile on his face grew wider than it already was as he tugged me closer to his body.

"I love you too. So much". He wrapped his hands around my waist and rested his forehead against mine, swaying lightly. We stayed like that for a few seconds before I became impatient, placing a hand behind his head and pulling his lips to meet mine.

I was lying before when I said I would spend the rest of my life at the beach. This is how I wanted to spend my life. In the arms of my entire world.

He separated us eventually, only to kneel down in front of me with his arms still around my waste.

"Hey little one" he said to my stomach, rubbing small circles on it. My heart clenched at the feeling of him talking to our child. "I can't wait to meet you, mommy and I love you so much" he continued.

Gray kissed my belly over the hoodie I was wearing, then stood up above my level again. "Let's go" I tearfully smiled.

****************************

8:56 pm

By the time we got back the sun had already set. We stepped through the front door, to see Cameron sat on the couch reading a magazine. The front door slammed causing her to look up.

"Oh Y/n!" she gasped, pulling herself up from the seat and wrapping her arms around me in a hug.
"I'm so glad that you're okay". I winced at the sudden feeling.

"Careful Cam, she's still in pain" Grayson said behind me. She quickly let go upon realising.

"Whoops, sorry about that" she apologised and I just shook my head, "It's okay".

A noise behind Cameron made me tilt my head, revealing that bitch behind her. I mean, Raye.

"It's important that you're all careful" she spoke with a gentle tone. I didn't trust it.

"I know, It's okay" I tried to say as nicely as possible, but Grayson clearly noticed my agitation and squeezed my hand.

"No I'm serious" she continued, "we wouldn't want something bad to happen to you". She wore a smile on her face, but I could tell it was fake.

How does Cameron and Grayson trust her?

I know that she is hiding something behind that plastic act, and I will find out what it is.