Chapter 1

Hello everyone! Wow, so this will be my very first fanfic in about 5 years or more. I've had this idea in my head for awhile and I finally just couldn't suppress it anymore and after years of work and university I found myself have quite a bit of free time so I gave in to writing it (or attempting to), especially with all these new Harry Potter games and such that have come out. XD

Please feel free to leave a review and comment, especially when it comes to the British slang and spelling, as I am, in fact, from the states and I want it to be as correct as possible. I'm not sure if I can edit an already published work here (this will be the very first thing I've ever published in Wattpad lol) but I would like to know for future use. ^-^

And, of course, all characters, besides my own OCs, as well as rights belong to JK Rowling and Warner Brothers

Kaileena Malfoy stood in awe as she gazed upon the rows and rows of long rectangular dusty boxes. She knew of Ollivander's before they arrived, of course, having passed it many times on their trips to Diagon Alley but she never imagined there to be so many wands inside; stacked from the floor all the way up to the ceiling.

"Close your mouth, dear." Her mother says while stepping up to the counter. "It's not ladylike to gawk."

"Yes mother." Kaileena quickly closes her mouth as she shuffles up to her mother's side.

"Ahhh Narcissa Black!" An older man emerges from the back room, his white messy hair sticking out in every direction. "Cedar, nine inches, unicorn hair core, nice and flexible. I wondered when you would be coming back into my shop."

"Hello Garrick it's been a long time indeed."

"I see it is that time for Kaileena here to finally get her wand." He claps, rubbing his hands together in excitement, the idea of pairing another young witch with their destined wand exciting him; he would never grow tired of it. "Now, Mrs. Malfoy, where is Draco? I had assumed you all would arrive together." Ollivander finally addressing the woman by her proper name as he asked the whereabouts of Kaileena's fraternal twin. The fact he already knew their names without being prior introduced did not surprise the eleven year old in the slightest.

"He is still at Madam Malkin's finishing up his robes. He will be joining us as soon as he is done."

"Very good, very good. Come along young one, we shall get you started first." He gestures for Kaileena to follow. She looks up at her mother, her eyes asking if it was alright to follow him. Narcissa nods her daughter along.

As Kaileena leaves to follow Mr. Ollivander a measuring tape floating in midair begins to measure her right arm. "I assume you're right handed like your mother and father?" The older man asks looking at the measurement the tape shows him.

"Yes, sir."

"Let's see here." He mumbles to himself as he looks up and down the piles upon piles of wand boxes. He began making a clicking noise as he wanders further along the row. "Ah, here we are. This one seems to be promising. Eight in a half inches, pine, unicorn hair and slightly springy." The man carefully takes the wand out of its padded box and places it in the young girl's hand. "Well, how does it feel?"

She hesitates, unsure on how to answer. "The handle feels comfortable."

"Of course it does, it's an Ollivanders; but that's not what I'm asking. If you are unsure then just give it a flick, the wand will know if you're the one or not. Just something simple, come on."

Kaileena nods, taking a deep breath in before she utters one of the few spells she currently already knows. "Lumos." She opens her eyes, expecting to see a bright light at the end of the wand but frowns when she sees nothing. Strange...whenever she used her mother's wand to read late at night that spell always worked.