iii. criminal (1)

" 'cause he's a bad boy with a tainted heart
& even i know this ain't smart.
but mama i'm in love with a criminal —
& this kinda love isn't rational, it's physical.
mama please don't cry, i will be alright.
all reason aside i just can't deny, i love that guy "

disclaimer: i do not own KOTLC.

title: criminal
pairings&characters: edaline, sandor, mr. forkle, dex,
biana, sophie, keefe, sokeefe

genre: romance, slight hurt/comfort, (kind of) au
rating: t for making out and cursing
summary:  in which keefe didn't leave the neverseen.

a/n: i'm really not proud of how this is structured and written..
i apologize in advance.

playlist ;
criminal ; britney spears
slow it down ; kim petras
party's over ; astrid s
all the time ; zara larson
with you ; kaskade, meghan trainor
i can't stop me ; sabrina carpenter, saweetie

( full playlist on my spotify >> )
https://open.spotify.com/playlist/5wMpdMMH8nPYjZrfbTtZpg

"Sophie, it's okay."

Sophie nearly jumped as two hands reached over to stop her fumbling fingers. She'd been messing with the button on her suit, anxiously picking and prodding at it for no reason. She had to find something to do with her hands since she didn't want to risk sacrificing the makeup her mother had spent so much time on just to tug on a few eyelashes. So, she settled for unbuttoning and re-buttoning frantically.

Edaline was smiling down sweetly at her as Sophie released a long exhale. Edaline bent over slightly, readjusting it for her daughter so that it was set perfectly in place. Her hand trailed up to cup Sophie's cheek for a bliss second to show her affection, and when Edaline spotted a stray strand of hair tangled in Sophie's dangling earring, she uncoiled it softly.

Sophie stared up at her, blushing because she felt so dishevelled, but also extremely pampered. There were a few guests watching them quietly.

Edaline noticed and she pulled her hand away from the dazzling earring once it had been fixed. Her smile didn't falter as she asked, "Are you embarrassed to be seen with me?"

"Mom," Sophie groaned, and it made Edaline laugh lightly. Her laugh was always light and delicate, Sophie noted. But she couldn't just attribute it to chiming bells -- it was more melodic and sweet. Chiming bells sent images of high-pitched choir bells dinging obnoxiously. No, Edaline's laugh was as wind chimes, but as light as floating balloons and soft as tears.

Yet, Edaline looked anything but light or delicate in that moment. Regal and powerful were the first things that flashed to the front of Sophie's mind when she looked at her adoptive mother in that snapshot of a moment. She'd convinced her to ditch the gowns for the day's proceedings, and now Edaline looked like a woman on a striking mission. The light blue complimented her eyes perfectly, and contrasted with her caramel curls that rushed around her shoulders like a waterfall. Her glossed lips were curving when Sophie met her eyes. "You have no reason to be nervous, Sophie. It's just another day."

"They seem to be getting farther away from any treaties," Sophie grumbled in response, shoving her hands in her pants pockets to avoid the urge of tugging on anything else.

"Dimitar is persistent," Edaline agreed with a bob of her head, eliciting a wistful sigh from Sophie.

"I can't wait until we eat dinner."