Slumber Party {Spinel x Human!Reader}

Art by JujulesBlanc on tumblr
Prompt: Steven invites you to a sleepover that Spinel is attending as well. Cuddling ensues.
Requested by: @Sansoboybot
{Reader is Gender Neutral}
—————————

It had been a long day and you were looking forward to the embrace of your nice, warm bed. Exhaustion was setting in after a long day of work as you desperately drove home. It seemed though, that fate had other plans. As you arrived home a sudden buzz from your back pocket caught your phone.

{Steven}: 'Hey Y/N! Want to attend a sleepover tonight with a couple of our friends? You can just come over whenever.'

You smiled at the message, you simply couldn't say no to him. Opening your messages, you rubbed the sleep out of your eyes and typed out a response.

{Y/N}: 'I'd love to. I'll be over soon.'

Rather than following your usual routine of leaving your work bag on the hook near the front door, you carried it with you upstairs excitedly. Quickly you ran up, two steps at a time. Finally reach your room you dumped the contents of your bag onto your bed. "I'll take care of that later." You noted to yourself, and began to rummage through your closet for sleepwear, as well as clothing for tomorrow. Packing a few other necessities such as your phone charger, a card game or two, etc. you deemed yourself finally ready to leave.

Having found a second wind of energy you set off, opting to ride your bike rather than drive. You set your backpack on your back and jumped onto the bike, pushing off the peddles and beginning to go. It would be a pain to walk this through the beach but you found yourself not caring as the wind hit your face, leaving you feeling slightly more refreshed. It wasn't often that you found yourself with the free time to really just sit back and enjoy Beach City's scenery, or if you did, the thought just never passed your mind. Although the town was small, there was a certain beauty to it, one that only small close-knit towns tend to have. A sort of welcome-homey feel. A contented smile spread across your face as a wave of euphoria hit you. You could barely manage the chuckle that escaped your lips.

Eventually you found yourself at the beach edge, Steven's house just out of sight off in the distance. You dismounted your bike and began to trek through the sand, your bike pulled closely beside you. Upon finally arriving your chest filled with excitement. Although the outside looked well enough, through the window you could see a pile of blankets and pillows, as well as some familiar silhouettes. You chained your bike to a nearby wooden pole, hoping it would be safe enough there for the night, and ran up to Steven's door. Shortly after knocking, Steven's head popped through the door, a warm smile on his face. "{Y/N}! I'm so glad you could make it." He greeted, stepping aside to let you in.
"I wouldn't miss it for the world." You beamed, chuckling.

Upon entering the room you took everything in. There was an array of snacks set at the kitchen counter as well as someone of Steven's close gem friends and Connie. You scanned each of their faces seeing who was here as you dropped your bag on the floor near the staircase up to Steven's 'room'. Everyone turned to you, each offering their own greeting and a small bout of small talk before eventually going back to what they were doing. Despite your prior exhaustion you were quite glad you had decided to come.

Out of the corner of your eye you spotted a small pink form. Your heart skipped a beat. "I didn't expect her to be here." You muttered to yourself, although Steven heard you.
"She's been doing a lot better with the Diamonds so we decided we should try again with everyone else. She's seem to be doing really well so far." He explained, coming up beside you.
"Yeah.." you responded absentmindedly. You had never gotten a close look at the gem, always just a distant pink silhouette you could barely make a picture of. Seeing the one who had previously destroyed the town was certainly an experience. She wasn't quite what you expected but then again, you weren't sure what you expected in the first place. A tap on your shoulder from Steven pulled you out of your trance. You jumped and turned to look at him, and then finally processed what he said, "Oh! Yeah, I'm proud of her." You answered quickly.
Steven smiled, "You should go talk to her." He was aware of your interest in the pink gem despite barely knowing her. When the event first happened, you felt indescribable rage as you saw your home town in shatters, but as Steven explained everything to you, you found sympathy growing in your heart and you could no longer find yourself resenting her for what she had done. In the end, her injector didn't have a very big impact, nothing that wasn't healed over time anyway, and everyone was living better than before. A lot closer after such a tragedy.

You nodded in agreement and walked over to Spinel. Before you even reached her she already seemed to notice you. You paused and stared at her for a moment before awkwardly raising your hand and waving, "Hi, you seemed like you needed some company. I'm {Y/N}." You moved closer and took a seat beside her, resting your arms on your knees.
She turned towards you and seemed to take a minute looking you over before offering a smile, "I'm Spinel."
You grinned and looked over to a few shelves, various board and card games in them.
"Well Spinel, like to play checkers?" You grinned.

The two of you spent most of the night together from that point. You found her company quite endearing, and was sad to find the day's previous exhaustion setting in again. You stifled a yawn, shielding it behind your hand. This caused a chain reaction of Steven and Connie yawning as well. Garnet stood up from her seat, walking over to the three of you. "We should finish off the night with a movie. I'm sure the three of you will be asleep before it ends." She offered and noted jokingly.
You stood up from your seat, a look of determination on your face, "Is that a challenge?!" You smiled and grabbed a blanket. You went back and took a seat beside Spinel as your wrapped yourself in the blanket.
"Want in on a bit of this fluff?" You offered, holding out half the blanket.
She giggled and pulled it over herself, "I really don't need it. But it's nice to feel something so soft." She responded.
You nodded in agreement and popped a chip into your mouth, before leaning back in to the couch comfortably.

Despite your previously proclaimed challenge, you found yourself asleep not long into the movie. Morning hit and all was quiet as you began to wake up. Groaning slightly you moved to shield your face with your arm but found a bit of a problem. Slowly opening your eyes, adjusting to the light, you looked over at what was restricting your movement. Upon looking down you found Spinel's head lying on your chest, her eyes closed and her breathing slowed. Her arms were wrapped several times around your torso and the two of you seemed to be tangled together beneath the blanket. Blush creeped across your face as you did your best not to move, hoping you wouldn't wake her. You knew gems didn't normally sleep, or at least didn't need too. So you figured waking her up would be easy considering she doesn't need to be sleeping in the first place. You let out a soft sight and closed your eyes, enjoying the contact. You stayed there for a moment before wriggling your arms out of her grasp as gently as you could. You smiled as you completed the task, happy that you hadn't woken her up, or so you assumed anyway. You wrapped your arms around her, linking your hands behind her back. As you finally settled, she pulled herself to you, cuddling closer to your body and nuzzling into your chest. You heard her mutter something beneath her breathe but couldn't seem to catch it. Still not quite sure wether she was still asleep or not, you carefully rested your head on top of hers. You closed your eyes and soon found yourself asleep once more.

When you woke again, you were pleased to find that Spinel was still wrapped around close to you. Though she seemed to be awake this time. You looked at her arms wrapped around your chest and stomach and moved your way up to her face. She beamed seeing that you were awake, but released her grip on you slightly. "Sorry," she giggled, "It sort of just happened. I can stop if you want me too."
You quickly nodded no and leaned into her touch.
"No, I'm happy just like this."
The both of you continued to spend most of the morning like that.

——————————
Word Count:
1159
—————————-

Ha ha the checkers return. Anyway, I'm going to try to keep a 2-3 day posting schedule. I hope you all enjoyed this story.