time had completely stopped for camila

Time had completely stopped for Camila. Night had turned into day once again, and the brown-eyed girl had yet to hear from Lauren. In fact, nobody had heard from her. The girl had disappeared without a trace. The only thing that had comforted Camila was that she knew Lauren would never put her daughter in harm's way. But Camila's anxiety fought her rational thoughts, putting images of Lauren's car sliding off the road as her mind was probably preoccupied with a million and one other thoughts. As much as Camila wanted to believe that everything was okay, her fear overshadowed those thoughts and fought a comfortable resting place in the pit of her stomach. She had called Lauren's phone countless times, and probably sent so many texts her thumbs were close to breaking, but none of the calls or messages went through; Lauren's stubborn ass had turned her phone off.

What hurt Camila the most was that if their last time together was the moments before Lauren disappeared, their time was spent with words of rage and sadness. As Camila sat in her bed, biting her nails nervously, her door swung open and there was a slight second where she was hopeful Lauren would appear. She was let down quickly, though, when her mother entered the room. "Camila...I've contacted Lauren's parents, and they've decided to call the police. They will begin searching for her immediately. Usually they would wait 48 hours, but Michael was insistent that they start now or there would be repercussions, so I guess they agreed to get him out of their hair." Camila nodded sadly. "They probably don't even care about them...they're just too scared they won't be able to give Grace away tomorrow." Sinu nodded solemnly at her daughter, knowing that she probably wasn't far from the truth. Leaning down, she kissed Camila's forehead softly, lingering for a moment. "Get some rest, Camila. You can stay home from school."

Camila's mind was racing indefinitely. She knew there was just something she was missing. Lauren had to be somewhere. And the brown-eyed girl knew that if she just dug a little deeper, she would find the answer. She had to. She couldn't lose the two Jauregui girls, and it scared her how important the pair had become to her in such a short amount of time. Sighing, Camila wracked her mind for answers before her tired mind slipped into a slumber, her dreams filled with images of the most beautiful emerald eyes in all of the world. Soon, Camila was startled by someone's hand on her shoulder, shaking her out of her sleep. She wiped her eyes before focusing on her mother standing before her, and she was confused by the slight smile she saw on her face. "Mom...what's going on? Did you find her?" Camila shot up at the thought, slightly hopeful, but her face fell when her mother's smile turned somber. "No, baby, I'm sorry...but I have got some good news. I contacted one of your father's friends who practices family law, and from what she has told me, what Michael and Clara are doing is completely illegal in the state of Florida. Even though Lauren is a minor, she has complete custody over her daughter. They can't give her away without Lauren's consent. If we could just find her and tell her...Camila, are you sure you don't know where Lauren is? Any place she could have gone?"

Camila thought long and hard before a lightbulb went off in her head. It was a long shot, but it was at least something, and she had kicked herself for not thinking of it before. "Mami, I think I might know where Lauren is."

A/N

Hey strangers! College has been kicking my butt, and it's honestly taken everything in me to write this little chapter. I wanted to get something out for you guys though, even if it isn't my best work. I am actually really excited to get over this angsty patch and have camren be all cute and in love (spoiler alert: camren is endgame in this; couldn't hurt you all that much, lol). Anyway, thank you all for your patience and love. I have missed writing this so much. Life just hits the fan sometimes, lol. I don't know when another update will come, but just know that no matter what, one will. This story isn't going anywhere! Lots of love. 

- K