Chapter 20: Explain

(Damien P.O.V)

I am so tired. Maybe falling asleep on a cold hard ground wasn't a good idea.

In the end it was worth it. Last night was the best and also most special moment in my life. It was beautiful. I won't ever forget how Samuel made me feel last night. He loved and cherished me slowly and so sweetly it almost brought tears to my eyes.

I was nervous going home though. If my father was awake and waiting for me I would receive the worse beating I have ever gotten.

As I walk through the woods and headed to my house I let my mind wonder to what my future may hold. Would it be with Samuel or would this all just be a distant memory of a boys craving for love?

That thought stayed in my mind until I made it back to my home. I walked into my house and headed to the kitchen for some milk. I never noticed my father sitting in his chair waiting for me. I never noticed he was walking behind me either. I never noticed anything until a rough hand grabbed on to my shoulder.

I was suddenly spun around and slapped to the ground. Black spots appeared in my vision and the room was spinning. I was grabbed up and thrown againist the table on our kitchen.

"Where the hell was you boy?" he growled into my ear. Oh god what was going to happen to me?

"I-" I tried to say but my head was banged againist the table.

"Shut up. Just shut the hell up!" I tried to struggle and break free. I was tired of this! Tired of it all! I struggled harder and harder.

He held on to my arms tighter. He pulled my body back and slammee my stomach into the edge of the table. My breathe was sucked from my body and I went limp for a moment. My breathe was coming in spasms.

"This is going to be a lesson you will NEVER forget Damien." he whispered into my ear.

I layed there for a moment. Everything was moving in slow motion for me. The room. My breathing. My mind. I tilted my head up and eyed the object in my vision. I just stared at it.

I felt it. Like it was speaking to me. I saw my arm moving in my vision like another person was controling my body. I saw myself breaking free from my fathers grip and stabbing him with knife.

But did I do that?

Was it me?

Or another person? But it couldn't have been another person because it was my body. My body was the one repeatingly stabbing my father until he collasped on the floor dead.

Dead.

I'm free now. I'm free now. I'm free now.

I repeated those words over and over again. I crawled into the corner of my kitchen and sat there. I sat there and just stared at the body lying before me. I killed my father. But I don't feel sad. Am I sick?

I have no idea how long I just sat there and stared at him. I heard Samuel walk in and asked what happened but I couldn't produce any words. He walked around the body and kneeled in front of me. Blocking my vision of the body. I looked up at him and stared into his eyes.

"I killed him Samuel. I killed him. He was going to hurt me again and again and again and I just can't take it anymore! He tried to do it again this morning! He slapped and punched me again! I knew what he was going to do!" I screamed and grabbed my hair and pulled. I rocked back and forth.

Samuel pulled me into his arms and rocked me side to side. I cried into his chest. He took the knife from my grip and slid it over to the body. I clutched onto his shirt and held on to him.

"Shhhhh shhh it's okay Damien. I'm here to protect you. It will be ok. Your free now Damien. Your free." he whispered to me. He was stroking my hair and rocking me.

We sat like this what felt like forever. Him stroking my hair and rocking and me crying. I calmed down enough to look up at him.

"What's going to happen to me now Samuel?" I asked.

"I don't know Damien." he replied.

"I'll be put in a cell. They won't let me go free. I"m a murderer now. I will either rot in a cell or a life time of hard labor since they don't hang here anymore." I said.

"Not if they know your story Damien." he replied. I thought about that. It could work; I have no reason to lie to anyone.

"I could try. Hard labor is better than hanging anyways. I am accustomed to working hard anyways. It's the cells that scare me though Samuel. I have to wait until they put my trial together." I said.

"It's a small town Damien. It won't take long. I'll be right here waiting for you." he said. I stared at him for the longest time. Memorizing ever feature of his face. From the scar on his head to the lips that kiss mine.

He stood up taking me with him. He held me to his body. We swayed from side to side. He tilted my head back and looked into my eyes. Tears were forming behind my lids and fell down the sides of face. He kissed them away and then kissed my lips.

"I'll be right here waiting for you Damien. For as along as your away is how long I will wait. I love you forever." he whispered againist my lips.

"I love you forever too Samuel." I said back.