Author's note

Let me start this last part of my first book with a huge THANK YOU to everyone who stayed with me all the way through this story and reached this chapter.

Thank you for your patience, when I got lost in descriptions. Let's say this project was one big experiment for me, my first long story, and I just let my imagination stroll around without word limits and restrictions.

Thank you, also, for your patience with my use of English language. I'm a non-native speaker, so if you came across strangely sounding structures, wrongly used tenses or missing articles, this is the reason why.

A few words about my story: the setting is an imaginary island in Outer Hebrides. The story of the Byrons is all invented. There is a lighthouse similar to the Byron's Lighthouse, on Lewis and Harris, but I don't think there is ghost living in there.

Thinking about it, who knows, right?

The old mystery stayed solved-unsolved on purpose. This way it remains a part of the island and its strage fog. But the ghost found its peace and Liam found his Emma. That's the important bit, for me at least.

I hope I got the narration right, first person point of view of a sixteen-years-old (I'm a bit older 🤭) boy, whose biggest hobby is painting. He always notices beautiful things.

Also, I tried to make this an atmospheric novella, where the setting is at least as important as the plot itself. And, the story of falling in love for the first time is more important than solving the old mystery.

Thank you for all your comments, they are very helpful as I know very little about writing, I simply write what I like to read. As soon as I have time, I'll get back to this story and edit it again, considering what I learned through your comments. (*the story was edited in September 2021)

But right now my mind is on my new story.

THANK YOU SOOO MUCH AGAIN FOR YOUR SUPPORT!!!

Keep writing everyone, can't wait to read more of your stories!

Silvia