Chapter Twenty-Five

Everyone watched as Elowen walked in to the classroom late and last. The teacher gave her a stern stare before motioning her to sit down. She muttered out an apology but it was tossed to the side. Philip watched her take a seat next to him and not say a word. "Good morning to you too." He looked at her neck and saw that his necklace was gone. He tried not to get upset, especially in the middle of class time.

"Shhh," Joey hissed while putting a finger on Philip's lips. The blond swatted his hand away before cursing Joey out under his breath.

"And shouldn't your ass be suspended for doin gunshot you did in that locker room?" Philip winked. Elowen ignored their little show and began catching up with the notes written on the board. "Can you tell me why you were talking to Cindy this morning? You know they don't like you like that."

"No, she doesn't like you for doing what you did." This caused Philip groaned when the memory resurfaced in his mind. "We talk all the time. Kellie is a friend of hers too," she lied.

Philip chuckled. "Stellas stick together huh? Is that why you took off my necklace? She talked you into believing how no good I am after all I threw away for you. My own family doesn't even trust me anymore all because I won't tell them that I hate you. The words can't even escape my mouth even if I begged them to."

Elowen turned to face him with a disgusted look on her face. "No. The necklace is off because it's laying next to the dress I got and would love to easily return." Elowen then went over to her backpack and dug out his card. "Take your money. I could've bought my own damn dress."

Philip took his card back with an eye roll. "You'd still be the blazin compared to the rest of those chicks."

Elowen didn't even budge. She hated to say this to herself, but her love for Philip was beginning to fade. Of course, right around that time she would be pregnant with his child. She slowly looked at the side of his face and saw how he was slowly getting lost in Joey's constant joking.

His laugh made her angry and so did the way he smiled with such manliness. She tried her best to morph her features with his and picture the way their baby boy or girl would look but she couldn't. No matter how hard she tried, she couldn't picture herself having his kid. In the past, it's all she ever wanted, but now, she changed her mind.

"Philip..." she whispered. He jerked his head in her direction then whiped a tear from her cheek. She was going to do it herself, but she was too scared to move. "I was talking to Cindy because I needed a favor from her."

"You're seriously considering keeping this child when you're a child yourself. I want to know what is going on through your mind right now, Elowen." Cindy scolded her the entire way to the building. Now they were standing outside of the facility and she was doing the same thing. "You're going out of your way to make him happy like he's some sort of pimp when really he's just as plastic as Kaitlyn." Elowen sighed when Cindy closed the entrance door for the second time as she thought of something new to say. "You'll have his baby and he'll be under so much pressure that he'll get stoned for the rest of his life. Do you really want to settle with a junkie?"

"Cindy! I'm not doing this for Philip! I'm doing this for me!" Cindy closed her mouth quickly when Elowen yelled at her. "You're so worried about how Philip will feel when I'm the one holding the baby. What about how I feel? How would I feel if I went in there and rid my child of it's own life? How would I feel, Cindy?"

She ran her hands through her wavy brown hair then looked down at Elowen. "I'm sorry, Elowen. I've just never had to do this before. I'm not usually so tattered. I'll take a chill pill and let you do your- Philip!?" Elowen turned around on her heels as the black hog came to a stop on the curb. "How did he know?"

"I told him during class that he could come if he wanted. He didn't take it as bad as I thought he would." Cindy placed a hand over her heart as Philip approached the two and gave Cindy a side hug. "Thank you for coming."

"No problem, baby. You think I'd miss this?" Elowen and Cindy looked at each other then back to Philip. "Stay together..." He muttered while opening the door for the two of them.

"We can only have one visitor in the clinical rooms at once." The woman looked at Philip and Cindy. Cindy took a step back which allowed Philip to step in the room. "A doctor will be with you for the examination in a few."

Philip's leg shook like it was battery powered. This made Elowen even more nervous as she thought about all the possibilities the doctor could say. "Will you stop sweatin'?" Elowen ordered which made Philip sit still. "Why aren't you yelling at me to get rid of it?"

"Well..." Philip looked down at his watch and sighed. "I'm going off to die in a few months so I didn't think it was right that I decided the rest of your life when god knows if I'll make it back. So Elo, this is up to you and your family. I don't think mine would want any part of it."

That in fact hurt Elowen's feelings. She wanted Philip to at least see his child but she knew she would be living a pipe dream if he did. "I haven't told my mom and when I do, I don't think I'm even going to be able to keep it. She'll be ashamed of me. Tell me how disappointed she is. She'll hate us both."

"I'm tellin' my parents for sure. 'Cause who knows. Maybe they'll kill me beforehand so I don't have to gruesomely die in the war." Philip laughed lightly while resting a hand on Elowen's knee that was shaking now. "I love you, Elowen, no matter what happens or when. That won't ever change."

She wanted to say it back but just then, the doctor emerged from the outside. "We have Elowen Walson and you must be the father." Philip nodded which made the man force a smile on his face. He was black and obviously not okay with the couple before him. "Okay, I'm going to ask you a few medical questions like your allergies and your medical history. Then we'll take the test to confirm your pregnancy and if positive, we'll go from there."

Every word that escaped his mouth made Elowen feel faint. Philip quickly stood up to make sure she didn't tumble over. He held her hand the entire time.