Speedster Society

"Okay, now that they're gone, what're we gonna do?" Ellie asked brushing up against me.

"Well, we've gotta make sure the city is safe, and maybe get some training in," I decided jokingly.

"Oh," she said stepping back.

"I'm joking," I admitted, "about the training anyway. While we do have protect the city, we can watch a movie and keep the alarm system on in case of attack."

She smiled her nice warm smile, "does this movie include cuddles?" She asked.

"Only if you wanna," I responded, taking her hand and leading her to the lounge, where I had a projector set up to play movies.

"So what movie are we gonna watch?" She pressed, picking a spot on the couch.

"Hmm how do you feel about Harry Potter?" I suggested.

"Only so long as we have a marathon, or something of the sort," she replied.

"Sounds good to me," I promised, sitting down right next to her.

"Hold up, what're you doing?" She demanded.

"What do you mean?" I protested.

"Where's the popcorn?" She asked.

"So that's how it's gonna be?" I said standing up to pop popcorn.

"Anything else?" I inquired, upon my return.

"To actually have the movie," she replied.

"Oh yeah, I've got that," I said, pulling up Netflix on my phone then sending it to the projector.

I sat down with the popcorn in my lap and Ellie curled against me, as I started the movie.

For the most part we watched the movies in silent.

"What happened to the Flash?" Ellie asked while Harry was falling of his broomstick.

"Well, you know that newspaper journalist, Iris West-Allen?"

"Yeah, she died a couple months ago, I used to read her blog."

"Well, The Flash is Barry Allen, in case I forgot to mention that."

"Oh... How did she die?"

"Savitar, an enemy Barry had faced before came back, except he came back much faster than before, almost as fast as me. He came back with one goal, kill Iris. I was faster than him, but he was stronger. I tried to phase him out of his suit, but he stopped me, counter-phased me. Iris never saw it coming, he stabbed her and I couldn't do anything. Then he choked me out, and the next thing I knew, he was gone. No one has seen him since, I want to say he's back in the future, but I have no idea."

"You fought Savitar?" She asked.

I nodded, "Barry wasn't fast enough. All I know is that Savitar was sent by Godspeed, a villain that first showed up wearing my face, he's faster than I am, but not by much. I have no idea how to stop him, or what his goals are."

"Aren't you the least bit afraid of what he's going to do next?"

"Something tells me his plans are precise, calculated. Our fight is years in the making, and it'll go on for years. Whatever he throws at Team Flash, we'll deal with it, cause if we don't who will?"

She remained silent, and we watched the rest of the movie in peace.

---

"So how was your guys's date?" I asked Caitlyn.

"Huh, oh it was fine, great actually," she responded in a mellow tone.