Prologue: Arrival

Notes: I would like to thank @Gay_Senpai and @InfiniteRadiance as well as one other who helped me create this chapter. Go check out their works :3

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I do not believe staying here will do you any more good, Eni," The old Miqo'te woman simply said, standing by the kitchen stove. She was stirring a pot of chicken curry, a favorite of hers and her guest of the last 5 years.

Eni looked up through his black and white bangs that hung on the sides of his face, his tail swished around nervously. He couldn't help but shake the bad habit of tapping his fingers against the table when he was nervous.

"I don't understand," He replied. "I haven't been a bother have I?"

"No, you are not a bother, my young Miqo'te. Those nightmares you have of the calamity, and the days prior, without ever remembering them. It is time you moved on to find your memories, and just what happened the day you received that scar," The elder calmly stated, pointing to the very obvious scar across Eni's left side of his face with her wooden spoon. Eni subconsciously moved one of his bangs over the scar, before looking away.

"How...?" Eni questioned the empty space. The elder looked over. Her eyes shined with unshed tears, but stern determination.

"That, young man, is a loaded question, with five years worth of answers." She answered calmly.

The small cottage house quiets, with just the sound of the stoves fires and the bubbling curry sauce. While Eni loved this meal, he found it hard to stomach the strong smell that comes with the spices, chicken, and vegetables.

"How much longer?" Eni quietly asked

Seeing through the hidden meaning of yet another loaded question, the elder smiles. She takes a spoon and tastes the sauce.

"You'll have about half a bell to 'think' away from here. Do not go malms away like you did last time you went hunting," she simply said. She heard Eni get up and grab his lance by the doorway. He opens the door, but before he leaves, he asks one more question.

"Where?"

She turns to look at him. She waves around a small one-handed wand, and a map falls by Eni, who leans over and picks it up.

"An old friend of mine will be taking you to Gridania in 5 days. I believe you will do well to start there."

There is no confirmation from Eni, the door shuts and he is gone. She stops what she is doing and stares up at the roof, hoping that the heavens can see her stare and hears her pleas.

No man or woman can simply recover from his previous ordeals, and no being can presume what will lie ahead. All she asks for is that he will meet the others and they shall keep him safe.

There is no response.

It's good enough.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eni knew the old cottage was very out of the way of most outposts and city-states to travel through, but what he didn't realize was just how far out it seemed to be. Two days into the carriage ride and not much has been said between him, the hyuran old man (Bremondt, he must remind himself) who his elder talked about, and an elezen pair of twins with shockingly white hair. Despite how cut-off they were from Eni and Bremondt, Eni still felt some odd unidentifiable emotion grab hold of his heart. He tries to push it back and stares as the forest becomes greener.