too much

Link

The little race we had was fun. I enjoyed myself, and Zelda did too. It's a rare occurence these days, for me to actually have fun doing something. Maybe it was the adrenaline.

We get to the stable sooner than we initially thought we would. I think the race was why. It's still too late to start heading to Goron City now, so we spend the night at the stable.

}~{~}~{

We leave almost as soon as we wake up. I give Zelda the fire resistant armor, and I make some fire resistance elixirs. We start walking up the volcano, and when one of my weapons starts smoking, I put it away and drink the first elixir.

We make our way to Goron City. When we're about halfway there, I start to feel faint, but I ignore it. It's probably just the heat.

We get a little farther and it's getting a more noticable. I'm feeling lightheaded now. And tired. I'm really, really tired.

We don't get much farther before I black out.

}~{~}~{
Zelda

Link starts to slow down a little, but I don't think much of it. Not long after I notice that, he falls to his knees, then he lands on the ground face-down. I stop and quickly kneel down to the best of my ability. It's tricky with the armor on, but I pick him up and get him to the city as quickly as I can, which isn't very fast.

When I get there, several Gorons look at me curiously. I can understand why. An out of breath Hylian wearing the fire resistant armor holding another Hylian without it standing at the entrance of their city would be odd. Especially when that second Hylian is Link.

"I need help," I say, breathing heavily. A Goron quickly rushes to my aid. It must have seen Link. I gratefully hand him over and follow the Goron to what must be the inn, judging by the bed and desk inside. It was cooler inside than it was outside, but not by much.

The Goron puts Link down on one of the beds. I thank him and he goes to the desk, where another Goron is standing behind it. They talk for a minute, then the first Goron leaves. The second one at the desk says, "You can stay here for a while. "

"Thank you."
I take the gloves and helmet off and give Link an elixir. The one he drank earlier is probably wearing off by now.

I sit next to Link for a while, humming quietly.
Hopefully he wakes up soon.
I have a feeling I'll be saying that a lot more in the future.

}~{~}~{

When he finally wakes up, I'm half asleep. His eyes flutter open and he sits up.

"Hm?"
I look up at him.
"Oh. You're awake."
"You don't sound too happy."
I shake my head.
"No, no. I'm just tired, that's all. It's hot here."
"Oh. Yeah."

I see that he's looking around, worried.
"Don't worry. I gave you an elixir not too long ago."
"Thanks." He swings his legs over the side of the bed- which is more of a rock- and stand up. "Well, let's hurry up and check out that Divine Beast."

}~{~}~{
Link

I actually feel okay for once. That's rare now. Ironic that it's right after one of those breakdowns happen and we're in Goron City.

Actually, no- we're on Death Mountain, about to enter Rudania.

I never really liked this one. It was way too hot. Well, the whole place is too hot for my liking. It's unbearable.

We enter the Divine Beast, which is back on the volcano. As soon as I step in, a familiar feeling washes over me.

I can't breathe.

I'm sweating terribly, too. Must be the heat.

I lead Zelda to the control room, panting.
I made more elixirs, and I drank one of them. Why would I be responding so badly to the heat?
Is it something else?

I look around. This area is dark.
I light a torch. Well, I try to. My hands are shaking so much that I drop the torch before it even catches fire. I pick it up again and walk over to a candle thing. I drop the torch again. It falls upside down, putting the flame out. I groan in annoyance.

I bend down. Well, I end up on all fours.
My heart is going at an insane speed. Am I dying? I'm probably dying.

The torch catches fire again it's flickering a lot I can't breathe what the hell what the hell what the hell something is touching my back get away get away get away stop it stop touching me please stop don't do that I'm dying I'm dying I'm dying help please help help me help me dear Hylia I can't freaking breathe I can't

}~{~}~{
Zelda

He doesn't look too good.

He goes to light one of those torches with his own, but he drops it. He picks it up again and walks over to the second torch. He drops it again, and it goes put.
He bends down to pick it up. No- he gets on his knees. Why would he-
Oh.

I hurry over. I put a hand on his back, but he shakes it off. His breaths are incredibly uneven and labored.

He collapses. Right onto the torch, which caught fire again. I quickly move him and grab his cape from the bag. I throw it over the flames, putting them out.

We can't stay in here any longer.

}~{~}~{

930 words

~Surprise! It's back! I'll be writing this again! Woo!~
~Sorry about that super long hiatus. I was way more focused on Playing with Knives. I really need to learn how to spread myself a little more evenly. Not that it's too much. I really enjoy writing these stories. It's just that sometimes, I need to take a break. Anyway, thank for your patience!~