3. P E N E L O P E

"Penny, the boss wants to see you," Mara, the boss's assistant says as she stands by the doorway.

" Okay." I get up from my desk and make my way to the boss's office. I get on the elevator to the top floor and walk down the long passageway.

I knocked on the door, and he told me to come in.

"You asked to see me, sir?" I say as I walk towards his desk.

Mr Goodwill scans my body with hungry eyes, and I can't help but cringe, he is in his early thirties and isn't that attractive.

"Take a seat."

I sat in the chair across from him.

"Well Penelope, I'm very impressed with your work lately, you've helped boost the company's financials with your marketing ideas."

"Thank you, sir."

"I'd like to give you a promotion," he says, with a smile, but it had hidden intent.

"I'd appreciate that Mr Goodwill."

He smirks, "But I'd like you to do me a favour."

This isn't good.

"Go out with me for dinner."

I raise an eyebrow, "Like on a date?"

He nods, "Exactly."

"I can't do that, you're my boss, and that would be unethical."

"I am your boss, but I wouldn't see it as unethical."

I shake my head, "No I can't do it."

Mr Goodwill rises to his feet, clearly upset.

"You can't say no to me," he yells

I jumped in my seat, he's tall muscular build towering over me, he stared down at me with his dark green eyes.

"I'm sorry," she stutters.

Mr Goodwill chuckles evilly, "I do apologize, Miss Harding, I didn't mean to scare you."

I look up at the man, and nod fearfully, not wanting to anger him any more than I already have.

He lowers down to his seat and looks at me, "Now I'll ask you again, will you go out with me for dinner Miss Harding?"

Crap, I think.

I can't lose my job over this; I need this job and a promotion to look after my sick Aunt. At the same time, I can't go out with him, this is my boss, what are people going to think of me?

I agree knowing full well that I am going to regret it later, "Okay, I'll go."

Mr Goodwill smirks, "Great, I'll email the details to you. You're dismissed."

I quickly stood up and left his office, I closed the door and dashed to the bathroom to throw up, I felt sick to my stomach, that whole event made my stomach turn and twist all at the same time, it didn't help that I also suffered from anxiety.

I hate the man, the way he looks at me and makes rude sexual comments around me, he's a cocky, arrogant personality, just his entire existence and worst of all he is married.

After throwing up in the bathroom, I clean myself up and go back to the office, I love my job, being one of the top digital marketers for Vogue Magazine, it's fun and it pays well but I still need the promotion, my Aunts bills are piling up and the extra cash would help pay it off and this is the only way to do, so I have no other choice, and I have to be a big girl about it.

The day went by pretty quickly, and by five p.m., I am leaving the office, Mr Goodwill had sent me all the details of our date. It is going to be on Friday, which gives me time to prepare emotionally and physically.