Chapter One; Hello stranger

Unrequited Love

Chapter One / Hello Stranger

Christina's Point of View

                 “You know what I want when I grow up, Dylan?” I asked as I snuggled closer to the blonde boy next to me.

“What do you want?” He asked, raising his eyebrow. A small smile planted on his soft lips.

“I want to move, I want to move away from here.” I said as I looked around, eyeing the small compacted living room. The large windows showing off the sunlight that burst into the room. He just gave me another confused look.

“Why would you want to move away? New York is wonderful, I don’t see why you’d want to move away—”

“You didn't let me finish,” I said, smirking. 

“I want to move away from here, but with you by my side. The whole journey I would love for you to be by my side, exploring and wandering around.” I said making small eye contact with him. His bright blue eyes shining as he looked back at me with that adoring look he always looked at me with. Just another one of the things he does to make me know he really is listening to me. The ones that let you know they really do care about your thoughts.

“If that's what you want, then I would come along and join you on the journey. If you want to move away from here one day, I'd gladly join you, Christina.” With those last words he pecked my forehead lightly, making the invisible butterflies in my stomach burst to life. 

Remembering those moments with Dylan really made me want to go back in time and relive those moments with him, but I knew that wasn't possible. Everyone knew that was impossible, but I still have that one spot of hopefulness inside of me that knows that someday Dylan and I will be reunited. 

After a couple of months after our small talk Dylan passed away in an airplane crash to his grandparents’ home. Our dreams of ever going away were crushed and was never spoken of ever again. Just the thought of his passing away brought twisted thoughts to overcome me like a grey cloud on a bright sunny day.

Clearing my head of those last moments I pushed the empty shopping cart through the quiet aisle, I dumped the boxes of food into the cart, filling it completely with all types of foods. Some even I didn't eat, but could probably make something out of it.

The flashback still running through my mind, I began to think of how Stacy and I had the same hopes of moving together away from New York and moving into a new city or state. We wanted to explore the world. We'd have maps spread across the floors of my bedroom and we'd mark the places we'd want to visit or even live in. You could say we were some pretty imaginative little girls back then. I still kept those maps in my old room back in my old house in New York. Neatly folded and resting inside a cardboard box labeled 'Places to go, places to see' with the same crooked and messy handwriting printed on it when I had first wrote it with a marker when I was still a little girl.

Even though I'd told Dylan I wanted to move away with him, the idea of Stacy and I moving away never left my mind. I was worried that if I'd move in with one of them, the other would be upset with me and I'd end up losing one of them or even worse - both of them. But now that Dylan's gone I didn't have to worry about who to live with anymore. But thinking about it just didn't seem right.

Dylan was basically my soul mate and I knew one day or another we'd be living together - happily married and maybe even with a baby on the way. Yes, it may seem crazy thinking about that at a very young age (considering I was sixteen at the time) but our love was that strong that it was safe to say that we'd get married one day. I happen to have a very big imagination, as you can tell.