Chapter 2:Fate

Chapter 2 :

“Naruko!” I just manage to hear Sasuke yell over the roar of the burning embers.

“Naruto? Iruka sensai?” I yell, trying to find them. I feel my skin burning and my face becomes hot. I do not know if Sasuke followed me but I hope he has, just in case.

Finally I get to the living room which is the most likely place that he would be in.

“Naruto?” I yell to the door. Stupid. The flames are getting louder and more out of control. He won’t be able to hear me and besides, the door is closed. I grab the handle and tug with all my might. Damn it. It’s locked. I will have to knock down the door somehow. Damn it I don’t have time. Okay. Let’s do this. One two three kick. One two three kick. One two three kick. The noise of the door shakes me as it hits the floor.  I gasp as I see a sight that would haunt me for the rest of my life. My beloved brother and sensei lying lifeless on the floor, surrounded by crimson blood splattered all over living room. Naruto.. Why? Who do this? I feel the cold tears fall down my face as the pain begins to sink in. I’m all alone now. Naruto won’t be hokage. I will never see them smile again. A piercing laugh coming from the broken window breaks me from my thoughts. That must be him. The man that killed my family. I carefully walk into the room to try and get a close look at him.  Its.. him. I’ve heard of him but haven’t seen his face. Somehow I know its him. Itachi Uchiha. He looks like an older Sasuke with short black hair and a scar under his eyes. He wears a long black coat covered with red clouds. He wears piercing eyes matching with a bored expression. My eyes wonder from his eyes to his hands. Under his coat, I can see hands stained with the same blood that scatters the room. The blood of my family.

“You. You’re Itachi Uchiha. The man that killed his own clan and my family. Prepare to die!”

I charge at him, preparing my hands to form a hand seal for my shadow clones. He will pay for what he has done. His face is now turned from a bored, amused expression to a slight smile. His last moments will be smiling over his defeat. I scream as I prepare to strike him.

“Silly demon fox brat” Itachi chuckles and completely dodges my attack and striking me in the stomach, where my curse mark is. I fall to the ground in pain. I feel this strong feeling of charkra. What has he done? Itachi chuckles again while jumping out of the window, leaving me gasping for breath in a burning home. Ugh .What is this feeling? Power? Lost? Pain?  I keep thinking so I don’t pass out. I don’t have enough strength to get up but I can’t pass out here. The fire has gotten worse and I have no idea how to escape. I feel my eyes close forcibly as I hear a muffled cry. It sounds like.. My name. I can’t breathe.. I feel a pair of unknown cold arms lifting me up and out of the intoxicating flames, taking me to safety but to the agonising world being completely and utter alone