Chapter 3- Nightmares can be Real

(Jane)

EBONY'S NIGHTMARE

It was dark, I couldn't see anything. It was like my eyes were closed but they weren't; I tried squinting my eyes and I saw a speck of light as I followed it. it got brighter and brighter the closer I got to it; I could hear voices now. They were muffled; almost was if I was underwater. Then, the light came over me and the last thing I heard was,

"Mommy?" it sounded like a kid. I blinked a couple of times before a bedroom came into view; I sat up; seeing that I was in bed. I tore the covers off of me and got up; making the floor creak underneath me. I took a couple of steps and stopped once I heard muffled voices again; I still couldn't understand what they were saying. I opened up the door that lead me into a hallway; I would have to go right if I wanted to see who was downstairs. As I walked down the hall I stopped in front of a full-length mirror and I almost gasped.

I saw a girl with the same long blonde hair, blue eyes and pale complexion as me. Only, this girl looked to be about 6 years of age. I lifted up my arms and the girls arms went with it. Was this me when I was little? Come to think of it I can't remember anything after my 7th birthday. I was told that I just had really bad memory but how does that explain everything else that I remember? I remember everything after I came to the orphanage but nothing before that.

I had on a lavender nightgown; it went down to my ankles and it came with frill sleeves and lace. I also wore cream socks and held a brown teddy bear in my right hand.

I backed up a bit from the mirror and almost fell over when the door that I backed into opened. When I looked over I saw that I had accidently went into someone else's bedroom. It was a fair sized room with a king sized bed, two dressers and a walk-in closet that was attached to a master suite. On one of the dressers was a picture, it showed me, a women with blonde hair, blue eyes and tanned skin, and a man with black hair, brown eyes and pale skin. They looked familiar; in fact I looked exactly like that women; could these be-

Crash!

I jumped when I heard a loud bang from downstairs; I took one more look at the picture before taking off downstairs. I don't know why but something told me that it was important to get to whatever the noise was as fast as possible. I ran downstairs and came to a clearing; in front of me was the front door; to the left was the dining room and to the right was the living room. I couldn't tell where the noise was coming from, from upstairs but when I heard another crash I knew to go to the dining room. There, I saw the same man and women from the picture; throwing spells at each other and random objects. The women threw a book at the man while screaming.

"You lied to me Tom! You lied!" the man seemed relatively calm,

"I had to do what was right, you were going to marry that Mudblood but I knew who you were really meant for-"

"-So you try to erase my memory? Well here's some news for you Tom; you have to get rid of everything else that came with me. But apparently you thought that leaving my Birth Certificate was a smart idea? I found it in your chest under the bed Tom. Why does it say that I was born in 1885? Last time I checked Tom it's 1988...I SHOULD BE DEAD!" another book was thrown at him as he ducked out of the way.

"Don't you see I did it because I LOVE YOU!" she scoffed and backed away from him,

"If you loved me Tom you would've left me with the Muggleborn; you wouldn't have erased my memory and preserved my body if you loved me" I watched them argue behind the dining room table as my eyes got wide. Preserved? I didn't even know someone could do that? Then again this is magic; anything is possible.