Reappear

|Narrator's pov

Hotaru hid her face behind the mask and continued to cry. Her heart was crushed, her body was shaking.

Today was the first day they met.

"Hey"

Hotaru froze. That voice.. She could recognise that voice anywhere.

Widening her eyes, Hotaru looked around only to find nothing.

"Of course, it's only my imagination." She chuckled sadly.

"Am I just a part of your imagination?"

This time, she stood up and turned back. Her heart stopped for a moment. She could not believe what she was seeing.

There stood a tall boy with snow white hair.

He was smiling at Hotaru.

"GIN?!" Hotaru widened her eyes. She was frozen like a statue.

"Hotaru, come here! I can finally touch you." Gin opened his arms wide for her.

Hotaru did not move. She still couldn't believe that this was not her imagination. She put the mask down and blinked several times.

"You still don't believe me?" Gin sighed.

He ran towards her but she moved out of the way. He slammed into the tree behind her.

He groaned in pain. "Is this the revenge for dodging you when you tried hugging me?"

"I-I'm afraid you'll disappear if I touch you." Hotaru smiled with tears streaming down her cheeks.

Gin's eyes softened. He watched her sit down and break into tears. Hotaru was so happy but her emotions were overflowing.

Gin sat down next to her and watched her for a few moments.

Years ago, when Hotaru, for the first time cried to him, he couldn't do anything but to watch her cry.

This time, he would properly comfort her.