°Chapter 1°

"Your mother asked that I tell you that you are growing into a beautiful young man and that you will be successful",  I say as I scrub the dirt- filled floor in the hallway, my hair covers my face from the boy next to me." My mother is dead, how did you...? Witch! Witch!", the little boy exclaims. "No. Quiet down. She only wanted to say that. Please, I'll earn myself a hiding. I beg of you, hush yourself", my pleads are deaf to the orphaned boy. It is evident that I have scared him. I thought it would make him happy, or even like me enough to be my friend. "Sister Albertina, she did it again", the boy confesses as the corpulent nun approaches us in the gloomy hallways.

She is fuming. Her chubby cheeks pink with anger and frustration. "Don't you ever listen, you devil child. You are delinquent. This will not go unpunished". She vigorously pulls me. She is probably taking me to that room. That mortifying, dreadful room. She throws me into it and locks it firmly. She takes out the whip and folds it in her hand tightly.

I've learnt that people are scared of what they don't understand or know. I've learnt not to trust anyone.
This is just the horrible life  that I have to live along with this curse.

"No! I'm sorry! Please! Plea-", she bends my little body over the wooden bench, lifts my sordid dress and she lashes the whip on my bottom.
My screams don't stop her, they encourage her. My cries are pleasant in her ears as she continues. Not stopping. Not stoppi-

It was just another nightmare. I slowly get up from bed. It's a Monday morning. 07:35 am. I head to the bathroom to cleanse myself and prepare for the day. My frizzy, shiny black hair is unruly, my dried drool on my cheek like rivers. I rub the sleep from my eyes and commence brushing my teeth.

I wonder what today has in store for me. Who am I kidding, it's not like anything new will happen. I'll go to my bakery, open it and welcome the customers in. Yes, I own bakery. It is my greatest achievement in life. My dream. Baking and cooking has always been a passion. The other main reason, is that I wish to open an orphanage. I do know what it's like growing up in a  corruptive environment that  darkens your future.

I decide on wearing bootleg jeans, pink wedges made pit of straw and a pink t-shirt with my logo on it. 'Marvelous Creations', along with my glasses. Call me nerdy, it's okay. I'll eat at the bakery. I tidy up my bed and descend the stairs to the kitchen. I grab my keys and head out. I'm not much of a 'purse lady', I simply dump everything in my pink VW frog. I call her Bessie. By now, I'm sure you've noticed that pink is my favourite colour.