Hungry

So now I feel like writing from Richie's pov, deal with it. Btw, I'm pretty sure Jack has a crush on Finn, not even kidding, like really. There's VIDEO PROOF with Jack hitting on Finn in the most obvious way lmao

.....................

Richie's pov

I ran up the stairs as fast as I could, avoiding talking to my parents, who probably preferred it, as we would have a confrontation if we saw each other.

They'd most likely wouldn't remember that they hadn't cooked dinner, but if they did, they'd be glad I hadn't asked for it.

I kicked of my shoes and let myself fall on my bed.

My eyes started to close, and I didn't bother to stop them from doing so. I just... Let myself drift away, not taking off my clothes, or the misterious magical lenses that *shudder* Pennywise had given me. I didn't think it was possible to take them off.

But just when I was starting to fall asleep, my stomach grumbled angrily, a painful reminder that I hadn't eaten anything in hours.

I sat down in the edge of my bed, wondering when, how and what Pennywise would give me to eat.

As if he hsd read my mind, which I was seriously starting to think that he could, a thud rupted from my bathroom, and I already knew what it was.

I entered the bathroom slowly and cautiously, to see a package in my bathtub.

I shivered, not from the cold, but from  the fear.

I grabbed the package warily, hands shaky. It surprised me how almost moist it was, and I felt some sort of liquid leak through under the pressure of my touch.

I carried it towards my room and placed it on my rug, not daring to get it close to my bed or desk.

It was wrapped in plain brown paper, and tied around hastily with a simple string.

I started untying the not of the string, and began to notice a sort of smell reach my nostrils. It wasn't good. It was quite bad. Soon it stunk, but I continued to untie the package, almost hypnotized.

If I had tried to stop, I probably would not have been able to. But I didn't. My fingers worked slowly but steadily, not a second wasted, but not a second rushed.

The smell was almost unbearable, but I didn't seem to notice anymore.

I was like in a trance. It was like if we're almost being forced to do it, although I didn't suspect a thing at the moment.

It's only now, looking back, that I realize how unnatural the whole experience was. Almost... An out of bodily one. Yes. I realized afterwards that I had not been the master of my actions that day. Not at all.

I only snapped out of it when I saw what was inside the package. My blood froze.

I screamed at the top of my lungs, but quickly threw my hands to my mouth so my parents would not hear me and see... The thing.

Or maybe they wouldn't. But I surely believe they would. And I didn't know how they would react.

I was almost certain that what I had in front of me was real. It wouldn't have given me a fake.

I just sat there, in my original position, my legs spread out around the... Thing, bent slightly at the knees, my hands clasped around my mouth, face in utter and complete shock mixed with terror, yelling muted screams, the veins in my neck popping.

About three seconds passed before I finally truly reacted, and I backed down as fast as I could, in inverted quadrupedia, until my back bumped loudly against the wall.

Tears flowed freely down my cheeks, fat, warm, salty, tears, and at a speed I didn't believe was possible.

Broken sobs escaped my lips, shaky sobs, my vocal cords clashing against each other irregularly.

I got them under control and quieted them down, but they didn't stop. And they stayed there for some time.

Maybe if I hadn't known who it... Belongued to, it wouldn't have been so traumatizing.

I mean, yeah, it would've sucked, but... Holy shit. I really wished I hadn't known. I really did.

Bill had described how he looked the afternoon he went out and never came back over a thousand times. The afternoon he died. The afternoon... Georgie lost his life.

Water boots. Grey sweater. Yellow raincoat.

It was soaked in blood, but it most definitely was yellow underneath. The blood was dry, yeah, but the arm was... Wet. It had been kept at the sewers, my mind thought.

It made sense. It was were It lived, after all.

It started a bit under what I assumed was the shoulder, but it was hard to tell, as it had chunks of it ripped off, especially where I assumed he had... *gulp* bitten it off. Teeth marks were all over it, wounds, which at some point must've been fresh, were now in full decomposition, some of them even with white worms over them.

The skin was greyish, and the fingernails were black. The hand, which was the biggest patch of (mostly) untouched skin exposed, had purple blotches scattered across it, and bruises that probably came from internal bleedings and clotts of blood.

It just layed there, still half wrapped, on my rug. I didn't dare get near.

Was this what I was supposed to... Eat? No, señor. This wasn't happening.

Still terrified, I scrambled to my feet and crab-walked to my window, of which I slid off to the tree next to my house, still not turning my back on the arm, which had not moved or done anything. Oh, thank God.

Well... Thank God relatively.

I climbed down my tree as fast I could and got in my bike to run away as far as possible.

My legs crashed against the handle, but I payed no attention. If Bill had been here, he would've let me on the back of Silver with him.

But he wasn't.

I pedaled until I got to the Losers Club's hideout and sat in a corner hugging my legs.

I had just comprehended what Pennywise was meaning to do. Either eat stuff like that or starve.

And if I stopped he'd kill or seriously hurt one of my friends. Well, ex-friends.

Oh. God.