The Explosion

Delaney POV

Iris and I get off work and head to the police station to meet Barry for this science-y event thing. Honestly I don't know what he's talking about most of the time. I've been in love with Barry since he came to live with my family. If you're wondering why I don't look like my sister Iris or my Dad Joe, its because I was adopted when I was a baby. Dad said he found me on his doorstep and decided to give me a home.

We head upstairs to Barry's CSI lab and see him working on yet another case. "Okay we are ready to see this atom smasher smashing", Iris says trying to understand what Barry called it. He looks up at us from his computer, "There was a shooting today. Your dad needs me to process some evidence, which means I don't know if we're going to be able to make it to S.T.A.R. Labs", he explains as he walks around his lab placing evidence.

I follow him and sit on top of his desk where he is standing, "But Bare. This is your dream", I say picking up the box of fries on his desk and take a few. Iris reaches over and takes one," Besides I cancelled a date for this", she says and I roll my eyes at her. He sees that we're stealing his food and snatches the fries away from me, "Hands off my fries", which makes me give him a pouty look but he just laughs and walks away with the treasure, "Unbelievable", he whispers going back to his computer.

Iris puts her hands up in defense, "I'm stress eating over my dissertation. We started selling cronuts at Jitters". I laugh when she mentions the cronuts, "She ate two today. I practically had to peel her away from the display case". She rolls her eyes, "If I don't graduate soon, I'm gonna be more muffin top than woman", she says stealing more of his fries. He looks at her, "You look amazing", god that hurts.

I know that he's in love with Iris, always has been. I should try to move on but, I can't. Barry Allen will always have my heart, even if he doesn't know. I pick up one of his magazines talking about the Particle Accelerator thing that he wants to go to tonight, "What's so important about this particle accelerator anyway?", I ask. He looks at me with a smile and rolls his eyes taking it from me, "Harrison Wells' work in quantum theory is light years ahead of anything they're doing at CERN", he says very excited. I smile at how passionate he is about this stuff.

Iris rolls her eyes, "You're doing that thing where you're not speaking English". He goes over to his board to try and explain it to her, "Okay. Just imagine. That this dot" he says drawing a small dot, "Is everything the human race has ever learned up until this moment". Iris interjects, "Does that include twerking?", I roll my eyes at my sister's thought process. He continues and draws a large circle around the small dot, "and that is everything we could learn from the particle accelerator. It's a whole new way at looking at physics. It will literally change the way that we think about everything" he says walking up to us excited about this idea.

Iris puts a hand on his shoulder, "You got to get yourself a girlfriend", she says and I can't help but feel my heart scream out for it to be me.

"Hey leave him alone. He's working", I hear the gruff voice of my father, Detective Joe West, as he walks in. I smile at him, "Hey dad", he smiles back. I hear a beeping and look behind me to see what is making the noise, "Your test thingy is done". Barry walks over to check it, "I think the Mardon brothers are hiding on a farm. The fecal matter I found on the street is cow manure", I cringe when he talks about cow poo. He continues looking at my father, "Which contains traces of oxytetracycline, an Antibiotic. There are only four farms in the area that still use it in their feed". He prints out a list of addresses for the farms and hands it to Dad, "Bet you'd find a really sweet Shelby parked at one of them".

Iris and I both stand up, "Dad, seeing as Barry solved your poop problem, how about letting him go to STAR labs?", she asks our father. I walk over and hug his shoulders from behind, "Please dad", I plead. He looks at the three of us and finally cracks a smile, "Fine, go". Iris and I both kiss his cheeks as Barry gets excited and runs to grab his jacket. "Thank you Joe", he yells as the three of us run out of the lab before he can change his mind.