EXTRA

A.N: So this an extra I wrote for inksgiving over on tapas (link at the bottom) and it seemed unfair just to keep it on there, so you guys get to read it too. 

"Are you sure everything is going to be alright over there?" Eli's mother asked in concern. Her hands gripped his shoulders tightly, as if he'd disappear if she let go.

He nodded and gave her a small smile. "It's all fine now, mum, I promise," he said. "I have a friend over there who will look after me."

It had taken a lot of convincing for his mum to let him go back through the mirror. After what he'd told her, she hadn't wanted him to face such dangers again. But the Mage was dead now and Korian would look after him. There wouldn't be any danger for him to face.

It wasn't just his mother he had to get through. The cops had wanted to know where he'd been and he couldn't exactly tell the truth. Instead he'd told them that school stress had gotten the better of him and he'd run away with all the money he'd had. Lucky for him, they'd believed it. Then the school had gotten involved.

He'd failed his final year because of everything that had happened, which meant repeating the next year. It sucked, but it could have been far worse. He already knew the content, he'd breeze through it and focus on passing his exams. Being stuck in the other realm had messed a few things up in his life, but it was better than he had expected.

"If you come back with a single scratch, I will go over there and make sure your friend knows what I think about it, you hear me?" his mother said with a finger in his face.

"Yes, mum. I understand," he said and adjusted the bag on his shoulders. It held everything he needed for the week he'd be spending with Korian. He needed a break from all the police and school drama. He'd promised Korian he'd visit, but it had been a month without even a glimpse of him.

His mother still kept her hands on his arms and frowned at him. She glanced over his shoulder at the mirror that only showed her reflection. Having no reflection would eventually be an issue. Eli could imagine being asked if he was a vampire by someone. He'd sort it out when it came up. For now, having no reflection wasn't too much of a hassle.

"I'll be fine. If anything happens, I'll come straight back, I swear."

"You had better," his mother said in a stern voice. "And check in every night so I know you're okay. And tell whoever runs that place to install some telephone lines."

"They're still in the medieval times, I don't think that's possible," he replied with a smile. It was an issue, but after so long spent there, the lack of technology didn't matter. She sighed and finally let go of his arms. He stepped back from her and reached out towards the mirror. As it usually did if he tried to touch it, it rippled like water.

With one final look back at his mother he stepped through the rippling feeling. It was a strange feeling, like water rushing over him, but he came back on the other side completely dry. His sneakers landed on a soft red rug and he sighed in relief. The mirror behind him flashed between visions of his bedroom and the room he now stood in.

The bedroom was empty of people, but filled to the brim with lavish decorations. Flowers sat on the desk, chest of drawers and just about every other surface in the room. A giant four poster bed sat in the middle of the room, soft red blankets covering it. Candles on the bedside tables were the only light source in the room barring the window on the opposite wall. The balcony beyond held only a table and chairs.

It was unfamiliar, but he could assume it was one of many rooms of the castle. He dropped his bag on the bed with a sigh. The sun was starting to set, casting yellow light through the huge room. He had to figure out where he was and find Korian.