Beautiful Lag

Oliver was playing video games online with friends when an error message popped on the screen stating, 'Internet connection lost'. Oliver threw his controller on the floor in a fit of rage. He called his friend Adam and told him about the problem. A knock on his bedroom door shook Oliver from his rage. He opened the door to his mother fuming about his temper issues.
"You've broken everything! Your father will be pissed, and you're grounded for a month". Oliver took his car keys and headed into town to find a solution. On his way out of the door, his father was just pulling in. He rushed to his car to avoid the classic onslaught about Oliver needing to get his life together. As Oliver reached the end of the road his father called.
"Listen, young man, your mother and I had it with your childish behaviour, we are going to take serious action that you won't like. Goodbye!" Oliver shook the words off and turned the radio up.
After twenty minutes of driving he reached his destination, he parked his car and vacated his seat. The rush of negativity was swept away when surveying the shop. Waiting patiently, he was left dumbstruck by one of the employees, a beautiful girl that made Oliver telling himself "please...please finish quick, I want that hot chick!" Luck seemed to be on his side as the girl wished a customer goodbye and smiled at him in acknowledgement. Oliver thanked god and went to her.
"Hi there, my name is Mia, how can I help today?" the girl said.
Oliver gazed into her eyes and replied with "Hello. My internet connection is terrible, and I was wondering if you could save me?"
Mia laughed "I will try my very best to save you. So, are you looking to buy a new router?"
"Sure, if that's what you recommend. I'm looking for the highest download speed possible, please."
"Well we have the Suppa fazt bundle with lightning-fast speeds and Netflix included for those chilling out evenings"
He jokingly commented, "Yeah, I'm into Netflix and chilling."
Mia laughed "Give me a few minutes and I'll get it for you" as she went to get the box.
Oliver sat there waiting for ten minutes boringly and finally she returned with the package. Oliver jokingly said, "I thought you weren't coming back."
Mia answered, "Trust me if I don't want to see you, I'd tell you, I don't run and hide."
"I always like someone honest"
Mia smiled and abruptly returned to her sales voice. "So, this bundle will cost you $32 a month, it's a two-year contract and for the first month if you aren't satisfied with it you can call us and cancel. Are you interested?"
He responded "Hell yeah! Anything that won't crash my session."
Oliver paid and took the router. As he was leaving, he winked at Mia.
Whilst driving home he began thinking of different scenarios that meant he could see her again.
As Oliver was parking, his father was waiting outside with his hands crossed and frustrated. Instead of a typical greeting, he was addressed with a very monotone "Young man, your mother and I are very disappointed. Get your ass inside. We're having a long talk." Oliver exhaled and entered.
Oliver's father said "You have a rage problem and it's serious, it's affecting you and our budget. Your mother and I are taking you to a consultant."
Oliver interrupted "Hell no! I wouldn't have this rage if you'd buy us a proper internet!" he got up and went upstairs and as he was walking, he added, "And I'm not going to a consultant!"
Oliver took off his shirt and threw it on the floor with frustration. After cooling down he started to set-up the new broadband. It works impeccably. He connected with his friends and told them about the girl he saw and how attractive she was. His friends persuaded him to go back to see her and he agreed. Hours passed by, he turned off his console and went to bed. First thing in the morning, he knew he was going back to see Mia.

The alarm sang at 8:45 AM and Oliver woke up with a massive smile across his face. He brushed his teeth twice in a row, put on something smart, sprayed six different colognes and got into his car. He drove carefully due to the rain and listened to music to enthuse himself. After half an hour he arrived at the shop, he vacated his seat with ease and opened the shop door with chivalry. She saw Oliver standing and called him to have a seat.
Mia said, "Hello again, what brings you back here?"
Oliver replied "You!"
"No seriously, how can I assist you today?"
"I think my previous internet broke down for a reason and that reason was you. I think its fate that I met such a beautiful woman like yourself. So, if you'll give me your number, I'll be on my way."
Mia chuckled nervously. "Wha...what? Come on how can I help you? Is it the new router? We do have customers return because they don't know how to set it up."
"No...no I am serious. I came all the way here to tell you that and get your number if you'll oblige?"
Mia nervously looked around. "I can't date a random customer and I have to work I just can't, this is so weird! I'm a professional!"
Oliver got up and left, with all the sadness and sorrow he rode his car and drove away. He started to scream and punch his steering wheel with authority. He blamed himself for being so stupid, and his friends for pushing him into it. He decided to go and cool down by buying a drink. He sat down for an hour, had a deep thought about his actions and then drove away.
As he was driving, he saw a pulled over car on the right. He passed by the car and shockingly saw Mia desperately asking for help. Oliver pulled over and walked to Mia and started asking her questions.
"What's wrong with the car?" he asked.
Mia answered in confusion "I don't really know, I felt a vibration, a weird smell and the car slowly stopped by itself!"
Oliver asked Mia to open the hood so he can look at the problem. Minutes passed by and he identified the issue. Oliver ordered Mia to ride his car because her car will be towed soon. Mia rode in the passenger's seat and waited for Oliver to finish his phone call. Oliver sat in the car and drove away.
Mia broke the silence and asked Oliver "Hey, what will happen now?"
"Your engine failed. I've called an old friend who works in a garage to tow your car."
Mia asked another question "Where are we going now?"
"I'm going to drop you at your house. Direct me."
"It's alright I can get a cab I don't want to bothe-"
"It's raining cats and dogs; cabs will charge you double. Just direct me and I'll get you home."
Later, they arrived at her house, Mia thanked Oliver and went to her doorstep. Oliver shouted, "I'm going to need your car keys." Mia ran to the car and gave him the keys. "I'll pick you up tomorrow to work at 7 AM and take you back home at 4 PM." he added.
"I work at 9 AM and finish at 2 PM."
"See you at 7 AM." he said as he drove away.
While he was driving, thoughts were swimming in his mind. He asked himself "Was that a coincidence or was it fate?" he decided not to tell his friends because he didn't trust them after what happened earlier. He went back home and confronted his mother. Oliver told her that he met a girl and he's planning to help her out with transportation.
"Darling, you can't waste your money and energy on some girl that you've just met?" his mother said.
Oliver replied furiously "Why can't you for once be positive and support me? Blaming me for my temper is only pissing me off more!" then he stormed out.