i

4/28/22: Hi losers, it is I, your fave untrustworthy fanfic writer. I write to you this unnecessarily formal letter as I play the Sims to warn you. I have decided to change a few things, and by a few things I mean virtually everything because I feel like trope and plot wise, the source material is very dated. I hope you all enjoy this reinvented Vampire Diaries. Smiley face.

History Repeating
Episode 9

Tensions were still high the next morning, with Alaric making it clear that what happened last night was never going to happen again, not in public

Tensions were still high the next morning, with Alaric making it clear that what happened last night was never going to happen again, not in public. Finneas had chosen to remain silent during the lecture, waiting patiently for him to finish before staying in her room for the remainder of the night. Now the two sat in a stiff silence as Finneas nibbled lethargically at her dry toast and Alaric flitted through a stack of papers.

"They don't have a photography class." Alaric spoke plainly minutes into the pitiful exchange, just as Finn was dusting crumbs off her fingers and back onto the plate.

"Because why would this place have anything interesting to do? They'd shudder at the thought." Finn almost felt the venom in her words as they flew recklessly off her sharpened tongue.

"It's day two, Finneas, so chill out with the negativity!" Alaric snapped, his words following her down the hallway to her room.

Finneas quickly got dressed in her "I hate it her, pls kill me" best, which consisted of stolen flannels, overly ripped and baggy jeans, and her trusty checkered vans that she's had since 6th grade. Once dressed, she tried to move as slow as possible as she envisioned the car ride would be no different from breakfast, with each quarter of a step she would take, her resentment towards her mother for having a traveling job only grew.

Jen Hu was too busy jetting across the world everyday as a photographer to even be considered for primary custody, which sucked but Jen always made sure to send gifts because Jen thought earrings from Japan and handbags from Milan could make up for her absence. Jen was wrong.

"You ready?"

"I guess." She mumbled.

Mystic Falls High was a lot bigger than Finneas thought it'd be, it seemed as though half the population of Mystic Falls was solely in High School and that's all Finneas could think about as she stood in the front office.

Alaric had left some time ago to find his classroom and Finneas was listening to the secretary list out the classes she would be taking that semester, almost all of them advanced.

"And because we only offer World and European history for sophomores, which you apparently took last year, I think it'd be best if we put you in AP American history, is that okay?" The woman asked with a smile, her pearly whites stained with the scarlet of her lipstick.