Six

I quickly wrote/edited this chapter just to update!! Ignore spelling errors/proofreading

"Yo! Y'all saw the new recruits?" my teammates laughed and teased as they fawned over the new cheerleaders. "Yo Bradley! I saw you eyeing that chocolate sistah!!" my friend and teammate Tyler teased me.

"Who?" I tilted my head, acting oblivious to his accusations.

"Bradleyyyyyy" Tyler sang my name.

"Bradleyyyyy" the whole team dragged out my name, teasing me as I blushed red. I tried to suppress my smile as I pulled my shirt over my body. "Alright...alright" I waved my hands to quiet them down.

"So who's got dibs on her?" Tyler teased me again but of course I knew he was joking.

"Don't act like y'all want her!" I curse, "you all into them pale snow bunnies."

"Awww don't be mad Bradley! We just like them light and bright or white and white!" they high five each other with pride.

I shook my head as I heard their words. It was funny black men like them refused to date their own race. They acted like fools trying to dine and bed the next basic Becky or unseasoned Suzy.

I knew it all my life I lived that ebony skin. The way their skin glistened against the rays of the sun.
The natural curve in their hips.
The fullness in their lips.
None of that nasty juvaderm gunk!
Black women were ethereal and divine.
I couldn't get enough of them.

"Great! That means there is no competition for me" I shrugged, relieved they wouldn't pay her the time of day.

"So what you doing after practice?" Tyrone asked as he dried his dreads.

"I don't know? I think imma shop at Whole Foods then head to the gym"

"You mad aggy Bradley! Come kick it at the club with us!"

"Aww you know I'm tired of that life!"

"You know them white girls only come to our section when you're with us! Come and kick it with us just for a minute..."

"Nah man... I really gotta go and get groceries" I sighed, grabbing my bag to leave.

"Bradley! You get 500k per game! You can hire people for that!" another teammate chastised me.

"Yea... I'll get on that soon. I'll see y'all later" I dap Tyler and Tyrone and walked to my car.

——-
Whole Foods
9pm
——-

I locked the door to my Bugatti Xr pro and head to the grocery store, making sure to pull my hoodie all the way down. I had to make sure no one recognized me.

I dropped another orange in my basket and continued to scan the aisles for anything else I needed. As I turned into the next aisle, I saw the ebony beauty bending down to grab a can of soup.

Some creeper dude was trailing behind her, making her uncomfortable. She turned to look back but he meticulously turned away. Anger filled my heart as I clutched my basket. I wanted to intervene but didn't want to expose my disguise.

"Hey don't you dance for the Cowboys?"

"No I don't" she muttered, trying to get away before making a scene. She was dressed nice with light makeup and an off the shoulder top.

"Can I have just one picture for my son? He loves those skimpy outfits you dancers wear" he whispered, loud enough for the store to hear.

"I'm not comfortable" she muttered, trying to escape to the exit. He ignored her protests and quickly took his phone out. "Come on! Just one picture baby! Pucker up for the camera" he grabbed her wrist tight.She tried to push him away but he grabbed her waist and turned her towards him.