🌕 Chapter 4 🌕

Kiryn P.O.V.

'Wake up'

I woke up in fright from the voice. It sounded like someone was in my room with me. I turned to my bedside table and looked at my alarm clock.

It read midnight

'Follow my voice'

The voice sounded like it was coming from outside. I looked out of my window to find no one there. I just shrugged and laid back in my bed to go back to sleep.

'Follow my voice, Kiryn'

The voice was louder and without realizing it I was heading to my closet. I put on my converse and my favorite black sweater.

I then went to the window and opened it. Before I was able to get out of the window, I heard a thud on the grass below. When I turned to look at what it was I saw my sister sprinting to the woods.

I quickly shimmied down the slight roof in front of my window and prepared myself to drop down. I took in a breath and dropped down to the grass below. I felt the pain from the impact go up to my legs as I started running.

"Follow my voice."

The voice was louder and I went into the direction of where it came from. I don't know why I'm even following a voice in my head, all I know is that something inside me is telling me to follow it.

I stopped to catch my breath, that's when I heard branches and twigs snap behind me. I looked back and saw figures of two people. The came closer and closer. I felt frozen.

'RUN!'

The voice sounded right next to me as I got the courage to run away from the two figures. I heard the pounding of feet behind me as I ran deeper and deeper into the forest.

I kept running and running until I came upon a lake. It was decently sized and there was a dock heading a good few feet into the lake.

'Head to the dock'

My feet slowly moved me and I was at the end of the dock. The moon shone on top of the lake. I looked down at the water and I saw my reflection. My hair was all black and my skin a dark bluish grey. What shocked me more were my eyes.

The whites of my eyes were black and my irises were a glowing sea glass green color.

A breath I didn't know I was holding left my lips as I looked more at the reflection. I saw some small sharp teeth but what really got my attention were the two pairs of blood-red, glowing eyes.

I looked back and I saw two tall men wearing all black. They had an evil aura around then that made my stomach knot up. The two stared at me with malice and mischief in their eyes

"This one's a cutie, ain't he," one of them said, licking his lips

The other one squatted down in front of me and stared me in the eyes. I tried to look away but he roughly grabbed me by my chin and forced me to look into his eyes. He chuckled as he moved my head around to look at my other features.

"Sure is a cute one. Wonder what the boss might say if we bring this little special one in, aye?"

I felt my chest getting tighter from the fear welling up inside me. I couldn't catch my breath.

"What.. What do you w-want from me?" I felt my heart pound against my chest.

I tried to get away from the guy in front of me but he grabbed my wrist hard. I bit my lip to stop me from yelping as the pain shot through my arm and wrist.