Getting Ready

Dabbing on a bit of blush, the jittery meister quickly pulled back her hair into, two perfectly symmetrical, pony tails, that she knew Kid would thank her for later.

Grabbing her cherry colored ribbons, she tied them to the tops of her ponytails, pulling them tight to make perfect little bows.

Her hands were shaking, making it hard to curl the ends of her hair.

"Tch-" Maka grumbled, wincing a little bit, as a light pink spot appeared on her neck.

"Burnt my neck, great."

She grabbed a pinch of her coverup powder and patted it over the spot.

It was barely noticeable, even up close, so Maka decided to leave it alone.

Very slowly, the ash haired meister walked away from the mirror, taking one last glance at her perfect little pigtails.

"What am I doing."

Patting her cheeks Maka stared into the mirror.

"I never even wear makeup... eh, I guess it's just because tonight is special."

She stepped over to where her cream dress lay on the floor and pulled it up, over her narrow, petite body.

It had been almost a year since Soul had first called her flat chested, and since then, she had developed a bit more.

It was just enough for Maka to not have to worry about being called flat chested anymore.

In class, Maka would catch Soul staring at her, then instantly look away. The young meister became self conscious about the way she looked at those moments in time.

She shook her head.

Maka didn't get it, why did she wanted to change for Soul?

To get him to notice her more?

Whatever the reason, Maka did a double take of the way she looked in the mirror and nodded to herself, pleased at her outfit for the night.

Tonight the whole team, Kid, Patty, Liz, Tsubaki, Soul, unfortunately BlackStar, and herself, we're going on a large group date.

Maka was getting jittery again; skipping out of her room and into the living room, she plopped herself on the couch, waiting for Soul to finish getting ready.

Her green tea that she had made before going into her room was now cool, sitting on the coffee table in front of the TV.

-------------------------------