Brightest Stars

"I'll bet you 10 sickles that-" Elphaba began dryly, but before she could finish, Glinda elbowed her gently.

"Elphie! It's not nice to make fun of them over something like this!" she chided her green-skinned girlfriend.

"Well what?! It's been years and anyone with eyes can see that those two idiots were made for each other!" Elphaba defended herself.

"Perhaps so, but don't you remember? You weren't exactly one of the brightest stars in the sky either," Glinda reminded her with a smirk. She was referring to just how painfully long it had taken the green-skinned Gryffindor to realize that Glinda was flirting with her.

"I thought it was only simple friendship!" Elphaba cried defensively.

"Then you really can't blame Remus and Sirius for believing likewise about each other, can you?" Glinda asked smugly.

"No, I suppose not," Elphaba grumbled, crossing her arms and pouting. This earned her a laugh from Glinda, which lessened her frown slightly.

The two were presently sitting together in the library, discussing the matter of two of Elphaba's closest friends: Remus Lupin and Sirius Black. Anyone who knew them knew that they had amazing chemistry together, yet ironically enough, Remus and Sirius themselves seemed oblivious to this fact. It was something Elphaba liked to make jokes about, though as Glinda had just now pointed out, Elphaba hadn't exactly been the best at detecting romance either, so it wasn't really fair for her to tease Remus and Sirius over their own blindness.

"But still! We need to get them together! Watching them dance around one another so obliviously is killing me!" the green girl cried dramatically, earning another laugh from her girlfriend.

"I'll help you in any way that I can," she promised. Although Glinda did not know the two other Gryffindors as well as Elphaba did, she did still consider them distant friends and she was more than happy to help them hook up if that was what would make them the happiest. Besides, Glinda always loved playing the role of a matchmaker! She wouldn't miss out on this chance for anything in the world! Especially if it was Elphaba who was asking. To anyone who knew them, it was clear that Glinda would do pretty much anything Elphaba asked of her. This little attempt at bringing Remus and Sirius together was no exception.

30 minutes later, Glinda found herself sidling up to the shy, young Gryffindor boy hiding away in the corner of the library.

"Hey Remus," she greeted softly as she approached. He was very deep into his book and her greeting, although it had been gentle, startled him.

"Oh! H-hey, G-Glinda!" Remus was always a rather shy, quiet boy, especially around Slytherins and pretty women. Glinda, being a combination of both, was just that much more intimidating to poor Remus. Glinda found it all very amusing, tossing her golden curls just to tease the boy a little bit more. Who said her inner vixen could never come out? A lot of her closer friends were certain she was at least part Veela and there were occasions when Glinda almost believed them!

But once Glinda decided that she was done scaring poor Remus half to death, she cut to the chase of why she was visiting him today.

"Elphaba, Sirius and I were going to go swimming in the lake tomorrow afternoon and we were wondering if you wanted to come along," she said.

"Just you, Elphaba and Sirius?" Remus sounded surprised. He was used to James and Peter coming along with them.

"Yeah, well, you have to remember that Peter still has a potions assignment he hasn't finished and James is serving another detention for disorderly conduct," Glinda snorted. These were both lies, but she was telling them anyway because the goal of tomorrow's outing was not to get the Marauders together, but rather, to get Sirius and Remus to finally become a couple. That couldn't happen if James and Peter tagged along, even though Glinda was very fond of them too.