Ch.40

Fun (Y/N) Fact #2: (Y/N) owns a cat.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm currently in possession of two bodies.

I don't know why, how, or for what reason this new body came to be.

What I'm sure of is...

Both are completely ass when it comes to studying. Daniel is currently learning the hard way that being pretty only gets you so far.

He sat at his table, staring at the pages of his textbook. 'Ugh. Forgot again. I can't remember...'

Finally, a distraction came along. Daniel practically lunged at his phone when it rang.

"Hello... mom!!"

"Son! What's up?" She asked and Daniel could hear her smile through the phone.

"Not much-"

"Midterms are coming up, you say?"

"Yeah, mom. Don't worry."

"Thank goodness, you must've studied hard. Just trust your mom and study your butt off."

"...yeah okay mom!"

I haven't cracked a book though.

Daniel heard a different voice from his mom's end of the line. Was that somebody asking her to clean a table?

"Son, I'm working. So I'll call later."

"Oh okay..."

'Mom... she's working at a restaurant? Looking out for me and slaving away... and since transferring I've done nothing for her. I gotta ace this test! I gotta do it! Now I can study for 24 hours a day!'

I planned to take complete advantage of this situation.

I decided to do memorization at night and ask a friend for help during the day.

"....So since you're the top student in the class could you help me study?"

I never though the top student in our class was...

"Jay." A different voice said.

'Huh?'

"Are you cheating on me? I already called dibs." (Y/N) said from her seat, looking between Jay and Daniel.

"W-What?"

Jay flushed and shook his head, looking at Daniel.

"He said he can tutor both of us." Daniel said, translating their little language.

"I know." (Y/N) answered as she moved to sit in the empty desk next to Jay. "Now are we going to study or what?"

(Y/N) and I started getting help from Jay at school.

.. And then after school..

Zack was sitting peacefully at the library, studying Mira more than his books.

'Finally, the two of us, alone-'

He flinched when the chair next to him pulled out and somebody plopped on it. He turned his his head to glare at (Y/N), who was smirking back at him.

"I hope you don't mind if we join you." She said.

"We...?" Mira asked, and both turned their heads to look at the rest of the group that was smiling at them.

'Why are you all here? Damn! What is it, a school reunion?!'

Duke was going into overdrive trying to help a hopeless Daniel and keeping (Y/N) from flicking folded paper at Zack.